2011 Jan. bowhunt

NMBOWHUNTR

Well it has been a great start to the new year and I am already dreaming about the next January season. We hunted hard for nine days down south chasing around bucks and the rut was in full swing.
I managed to knock down a little forky which I am more than happy with. It has been a few years sense I tagged out and meat in the freezer is always better then tag soup.
241dscn0223.jpg

7713dscn0409.jpg

Here is a pic of one of the big dudes we were chasing around but never could seal the deal. I stalked within about 80 yards of this guy but never could get a shot or get any closer.
I watched him mount 5 does so at least he is spreading those good genes. The pictures dont do him justice but believe me he was a toad.
What do you think the score is on this nice desert buck?

LAST EDITED ON Jan-12-11 AT 10:42AM (MST)[p]Nice Pictures, Love see bucks like him during the hunt. Hope you have better luck next year on getting him into Bow range.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".

elkmuzzleloader,

The youth hunt was a blast but we never did tag out. I got him two shots on some cows one clean miss and one hit. I thought for sure it was a good hit but never could recover her. We searched and searched but nothing. It was disapppointing to him but we put in a good effort and thats why they call it hunting and not killing.
Congrats to your cuz on his elk. Meat in the freezer is always good!
Good luck on the draw this year man!

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom