2011 proposed dates

B

Bucks4brains

LAST EDITED ON Oct-23-09 AT 12:28PM (MST)[p]I was just looking at the Utah 2011 proposed hunt dates and it looks like they are finely taking a step in the right direction concerning the Elk archery dates. Its not perfect, I wish they would move the rifle Elk hunt dates back to Oct 1 and have the Muzzel loader hunt in late Sept but at least they are trying. I erg every one to attend your local RAC meeting or send an E-mail with comments or ideas, maybe in the future we will be hunting Elk during the rut with a bow like it should be. [email protected]

Here's the link:

http://wildlife.utah.gov/public_meetings/info/09-11-03.pdf

Where's my lounge chair, popcorn and beer for this one :)

Only 15 days for the LE Archery Elk hunt when it still doesn't go into the peak of the rut ???

I think I'll use my 15 points next year. I'll only loose one day to that schedule on the end, but have two more weeks to hunt at the begining.

Cheers,
Pete

I dont know why this is so confusing for people to understand. The archery hunt starts the third Saturday in August. UDWR did not take a step in the right direction. Just the way the calender year falls.

wapiti77, take a look at the link. It shows the LE archery elk starting the 5th of Sept. through the 20th of Sept. It will no longer have anything to do with the 3rd Sat. in Aug. for a starter. It would be a 2 week hunt and still only get a couple of days closer prime Sept. 25 rut date.

Cheers,
Pete

Hey ! c3, grab your beer and popcorn and head to the Gen hunting forum, this issue is realy going to take flight there !

LAST EDITED ON Oct-29-09 AT 11:51AM (MST)[p]Sure it is a start, but it's far from what it should be. I think the archery hunters should have at least the first three weeks of September, preferably all of it. It should never start in August. That should go for the general hunt as well, not just the LE. And, I don't like the idea of the LE hunt being shortened to only a couple weeks. You wait so long for a tag, you should get more time than that to hunt. It seems to work just fine in all other states, why can't Utah figure it out?

I hope Utah does "figure it out". I have non-resident friends that stay away from Archery hunting Elk in Utah because it is so screwed up. Hell I don't even archery hunt Elk in Utah and I am a resident, I prefer to hunt near by states.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom