2011 wyoming antelope father/son hunt

rifleman

my dad is retiring in april and i want to take him on a wyoming antelope hunt this fall. i understand the easiet draw units are the ones with the most private land and the hardest ones are with the units with the most public land. is anyone willing to share some advice on units with decent draw opportunity that will provide a good time. i was looking a the areas around casper, but would be interested to hear about anywhere. i just want us to be able to see a lot of antelope and have the opportunity a decent bucks.

LAST EDITED ON Feb-14-11 AT 11:35AM (MST)[p]The only problem with 47 and 48 is that it will take a PP and very possibly 2 PPs to draw a license. In order to be assured of taking your Dad on a hunt this Fall, I would look to a unit like 7 just west of Newcastle that is 100% draw and has a lot of public land, as well as over 20,000 acres of private property enrolled in the WIHA program. The other way to go would be to get a list of ranchers that have access fees like 23 up near Gillette and is 100% draw with tons of leftover tags. It would cost a few hundred dollars more than the other suggestion, but if you can find a good ranch with a decent fee it may be worth the extra money.

You can do the same thing around Douglas or Lusk. Lots of decent choices and the winter has been OK so far.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom