2012 Turkey meat pole

crazeymaez

Very Active Member
Okay,Lets get back to hunting.The Draw results are near and
We need some pics..To pass these last two weeks.

My Brother and I headed up to 2b on Opening day.The roads were
slick to say the least,And we ended up having to put on the chains

After Setting up camp about noon and changing into camo,
We headed out to call.At the very first stop we sent some calls and got a response.This bird comes running in and the hunt was done.

We stayed a couple more days to see if we could locate birds
In case we draw this tag again.And never heard another Gobble.

Lets see what you guys are killing..

DSCN1120.jpg

I am jealous. We are out there holding turkey school. Educating them on stupid things bad turkey hunters do.

Find any good sheds?

What have I been killing? TIME.

did go looking for hogs Easter weekend; but all I found was rooted up areas....
and of course a dang lion!

Nice Bird!

LAST EDITED ON Apr-20-12 AT 01:28PM (MST)[p]Opening afternoon bird, my fist gobbler!

33482.jpg

LAST EDITED ON Apr-21-12 AT 09:40AM (MST)[p]Kelly's Rio Grande Gobbler. Note the coloring on the fan. The tips are brown vs. white on the Merriams. Lots of fun. 44 yard shot with a Federal 3 inch mag, 4 shot. I didn't realize it but this load in a 12 has 60 lbs of recoil.......like a .378 Weatherby......glad she didn't shoot it before hand.

9024kellys.jpg

Congrats to all of you. I would be more than happy to to give any of those birds a ride home in the back of my truck.

Didn't get pics, but got a tom opening morning in the snow. 9:00 a.m. and he came in trailing two hens. Very little calling. Went out this weekend and didn't hear a thing. But there were a lot more hunters pushing the birds, which I think pushed them out of the area.

>LAST EDITED ON Apr-20-12
>AT 01:28 PM (MST)

>
>Opening afternoon bird, my fist gobbler!
>
>
>
33482.jpg

Welcome mountainbula. Nice bird. Pic looks like your helping it give birth. LOL

Well, since one rio has been thrown up, I will add a couple more.

These birds really disliked the fan mount that I had with me this past Friday. Killed them both within 5 minutes of each other.
double.jpg

double2.jpg

That fan is the bees knees. Need to do that if we ever kill a turkey again. looks like it could be handy on hot days as well.

where are you that it is so green? Water boots? NM??

>That fan is the bees knees.
> Need to do that
>if we ever kill a
>turkey again. looks like
>it could be handy on
>hot days as well.
>
>where are you that it is
>so green? Water boots?
> NM??

NW Okla. (I know it is cheating, but I figured it was a communal meat pole and not a NM specific)

The last 8 weeks have been an absolute 180 from last years try at making a new "Death Valley" around here. The baron ground from last season made way for some crazy new growth when the rains came.

and let me tell ya, the fan is the Bees Knees.

Fishfur:

I also would love to know how to make up a decoy fan like that.... I have a few stacked up in the freezer now.....

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom