2013 Spring Bear Success!

twsnow18

LAST EDITED ON May-14-13 AT 07:38PM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON May-12-13 AT 10:28?PM (MST)

Me and a fellow MM'er have been on the spring bear grind for a few weeks now and finally got it done yesterday on our 4th trip out. The hunting has picked up immensely in SW Idaho for us since May 1st. We saw 9 bears in 2 days (the last 2 saturdays) in a general unit, 3 of which were good sized and in very neat color phases. We decided it was time for someone to post up a success story, since everyone else is too shy to share.

I found this guy too far from us for our own good, at 11AM. After a 3 mile, 4 hour stalk, HuntFishFeed put it through the vitals at 95 yards and he was DRT. Pretty exciting watching your buddy play cat and mouse with a bear (or any critter) from that far away, it's a rush for all parties. Too bad no one was with me on the rock to see my fist pump...

Spotter on 60x (little black dot in the clear cut)
7315971828_10201231895866273_626315778_n.jpg

My humble abode for the day
7425308523_10201231896826297_259702508_n.jpg

Michael made hay with his solo self timed photos
6425942804_10201231899586366_1464659336_n.jpg

Thanks for posting these up Matt! Couldn't have done it without you. Maybe not the biggest bear we have seen, but im sure proud of it. And I have to say, for solo photos, I think they turned out pretty well

An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life. -Robert Heinlein

Congrat's gentlemen nice Blackie, I will be heading up a week from today for my 1st Archery Bear Hunt and I can't wait. I will post pic's if I am lucky enough to put a tag on one. I will be hunting out of Peck, Idaho...

OMB

There's room for all of God's creatures, right next to the mashed potato's and gravy.

Congrats on a nice bear and a great story. I'm not shy, just not hunted yet. Were headed to Idaho Friday for eleven days of for in the sun chasing bears. Hope we have some photo's when we are done to post.

Thanks for reading fellas. This spring bear madness is addicting.

If God wanted us to be vegetarians, he
would have made broccoli more fun to
shoot...

Awesome pics, thanks for sharing! Bear action is picking up for us as well, no success yet thou. Keep posting pics!

Congrats. Looks like a fun hunt.

Grizzly

PS. Tristate, please be an adult and respect my wishes that you do not respond to any of my posts. I, in turn, will do you the courtesy of not responding to any of yours. I simply do not wish to converse with you.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom