2014 Looking Back

LuckyShot

LAST EDITED ON Dec-14-14 AT 04:47PM (MST)[p]Thought it would be fun to post up pics from this past year.
Hope you all enjoy and hope you all the best of success in 2015.

2014 Started out with a bear hunt in Arizona. Here's the boys and friends sitting on a glassing point
1557bear_hunt_friends.jpg

Here's my son Easton getting set up to shoot his bear
6517easton_set_up.jpg

Photo of the bear across the canyon
6459bear_pic.png

My son Easton's Bear down
3490easton_bear_1.jpg

High Country Scouting and Skiing early in the summer
2982easton_skiing.jpg

Backpacked Food into the high country for the upcoming archery hunt
8903food_1.jpg

Filling up water in the high country from an ice cave for the upcoming archery hunt
7983water_1.jpg

Early rough-country scouting finds an unexpected souvineer
8379ice_pick.jpg

My daughter Brielle enjoying a mid-summer scouting trip with me
3518brielle_1.jpg

My good friend Matt Bateman snuck into an aspen patch one morning in September and put an arrow into a nice muley. Here's a portion of the blood trail.....
7700matts_deer_blood.jpg

My good friend Matt Bateman with his Utah Archery Muley
4924matt_and_kip_matts_buck.jpg

While caping out Matts buck, the deer antler stuck into my forearm and gave me a nasty gash....
634kips_cut.jpg

Packing him out
511matts_utah_buck.jpg

Fall hunting in Utah provides some beautiful scenery
http://www.monstermuleys.info/photos/user_photos2/8029aspens.jpg''
Fall Aspen leaves cover the trail
464golden_leaves.jpg

took the boys and their friend on the rifle hunt. Their buddy was fortunate enough to take his first muley...a nice four point
908jakes_buck.jpg

Hiking and scouting with my daughter Avery by my side. She got into some pretty steep country with me this summer. She is awesome and she is fearless!!!
4373avery_hiking.jpg

went up to Montana to archery elk hunt in September. Here's a pic of my two pals as we went after elk...
124montana_friends.jpg

While up in Montana I took a picture of this pine tree growing despite some pretty tough resistance.....fun picture
5767montana_tree.jpg

My friend Matt also drew a Utah LE Elk Tag. He hunted real hard and finally put this 350" bull down on the second to last day of the hunt.
3058matts_utah_bull.jpg

Hunting in the backcountry one day I found this old remnant of the high country silver mines from long ago...another fun find..
5309mine_find.jpg

Went out to Illinois to hunt whiteys. I was fortunate to put down this great 10 point
5250kips_whitey_down.jpg

3979kips_whitey_1.jpg

Came home from Illinois and started hunting Utah again. Couldn't connect on a big muley and was running out of time. This buck came into bow-range and I was able to put him down from 50 yds.
53kips_muley.jpg

Great year. Congrats!

Hawkeye

Browning A-Bolt 300 Win Mag
Bowtech Destroyer
Winchester Apex .50 Cal

Lucky,
You're supposed to wait until the deer is dead before you cape it! ha
Excellent report and fine season.
Well done,
Zeke

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos