2014 OTC bull.

FemoralArchery

Opening morning. I couldn't be happier. This is my dad with my bull. The pictures I took of him and the bull turned out the best.

6663image.jpg

Great looking bull ....nice pic of your Dad....great memories for you both....thanks for sharing,

))))------->

Cool to know that the biggins are still out there, congrats. Was he fired up that early? The story wouldn't suck.

are you saying your dad is a poor photographer? lol.... congrats to you both, great bull.

Travis

Beautiful!
That's a fine accomplishment and a great trophy!
Zeke

PS: always hunt with someone who can take great photos. I'll volunteer for the job! LOL

The story of this bull started during archery season. The 4 guys I normally bow hunt with hunted the area where I killed this bull. I decided for the first time in five years to hunt with my rifle instead of with my bow. The guys I hunt with used trail cameras during the summer and during archery season. They got pictures of this bull but never during the daylight. They had a few encounters with what we assume was this bull but were never able to get a visual of him. All 4 guys killed bulls with their bows.

Opening day of rifle season I started down a trail that side hilled across the face of the mountain. My dad dropped in from the top of the mountain and should run into me at the end of the trail I was on. He is a die hard archer and was hunting with a recurve during the any weapon season. He saw this bull and a few cows from about 100 yards away. They were heading away from where I was. They winded him as he was trying to figure out how to make a play on them.

I was about 300 yards around a small ridge and a little ways down hill from my dad at this point. I saw a ton of fresh sign as I was coming up the trail. I heard something moving in the brush just below the trail. I stopped and spotted two cows and a calf. I found a rest and checked the area thoroughly looking for more elk. They were moving towards where my dad should be. Just then I see about 20 cows coming from where my dad was coming from. I was still rested on a stump with my rifle watching all the elk move through the trees. I was looking for antlers, I would have been happy with a spike. I thought I glimpsed horns but none ever came into the open. I watched as about 25 cows and calves moved down the hill and out of sight. I looked back to where I thought I'd seen a bull before and out steps this bull and about 6 more cows. All the cows were walking in front of the bull. As soon as they cleared the bull I shot. He ran a short distance and crashed.

The best part was that my dad was still watching the bull when I shot him.

Love the dark horns. Home your freinds weren't too pissed at you to help with a pack out of that guy.

Having Dad around must have been great, would have been cool to take him with a longbow during rifle, but I'm sure he was very excited.

What a great bull! I'm sure you would have been very happy for your dad had he killed this bull, but luckily for you he was packing his recurve. Awesome story!

Thanks for all the comments guys.

My dad is not the best at taking pictures with a smartphone.

It was awesome having him there. If I could only have one person there to witness it with me I would pick him.

I probably would have been more excited to see him kill the bull with his recurve.

:) my deer almost scored as much as that little bull..... lol.... great elk.... FA is too shy too post his own self with the bull :)
Matt

Wack'em and Stack'em

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom