2015 proposals

boise

Lots of new hunts on the board, but what happened to the multiple zone idea? I thought they were going to revisit that idea?

They have lost their dang minds with the proposal in unit 39 for increasing the doe tags and or adding som e either sex tags to the mix. Must be due to the fact that the Doe' s are all over the place during the general hunt season. Just my personal opinion of course.

Im on the east side. (Idaho Falls) All the units around here are getting longer general season, more either sex tags and more buck tags.
whats frustrating is when you jump the road and get in Wyoming (region H and G) there are 4 times more deer. How about when we get 1/2 the deer of the neighbors across the street they increase the tags.
My buddy scouted over 20 days and hunted 2 weeks in the unit 66 extended hunt (ends nov 8th) he hunts as hard as it gets and killed a 24' 3x4 last day of the season. they just increased the tags from 50 to 150? This same guy kills big deer in Wyoming.
Its a joke.
off to send my email to FandG

I responded to the proposals in the Upper Snake region by telling them the deer numbers are not there to support the change. The numbers might be up slightly the last couple of years but are still poor.
46cfa7275632b29c.jpg

Lets see, deer and elk numbers are hitting goals so we need to increase doe and cow tags. Sounds similar to how my wife balances her checking account.

Hey come on now you guys are talking about our Idaho F&G !!! 4 mild winters now in a row everyone will be allowed to kill 3 or 4 deer each this year !! the Weiser River zone is a mind blower !! it is 85% Private land has a wintering herd of elk between 500 & 1000 head so too clear up any confusion between the A & B tags they are gonna do away with the B tags & make them DRAW ONLY !!! BUT its still the same zone same area same elk same land owners ???? Problem solved more $$ for the EXACT same tag & hunt YEAH way to go F&G another SOLID bit of work frickin bunch of IDIOTS

Carterj I agree with you a 100 percent. Is there too many elk on in 66 66a 76 etc?? Is that why the herd is not rebounding?

I am glad to see an increase in tags. There are more deer and elk than I have ever seen. I am also glad that they are considering more youth options so that the young kids can have a chance and get hooked on hunting.

Looking at the fall bear hunts wanting to increase tags in unit 22 &31 and take away 2 weeks of running hounds to avoid conflict with the bow hunters.All houndsmen needs to take a stand on this one

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom