2016 NWT Hunt

Dreamin_of_elk

I was blessed to go on the hunt of the lifetime this fall with Artic Red River Outfitters in the NWT. I was able to take a beautiful 13.5 year old Dall sheep and an old, massive caribou bull. I'll be honest, this trip started a life long obsession, addiction to sheep hunting and the rugged land of the north. All I can think about is going back. When I got home from my trip my wife asked how my "once-in-a-lifetime" trip went. I laughed and said that it's going to be an every other year trip but that it was fantastic! ? Most beautiful, rugged and awesome country I've ever experienced.

81925img0588.png

20126img0589.png

66482img0590.png

96757img0591.png

37450img0592.png

congrads! Feed your addiction while you are young and you will never regret it. I didn't go after my stone sheep when I could and now I really regret it. Funny how fast time and our bodies go by.

That is friggin cool! This is something that's been nagging my thoughts a little bit. Don't know if I'll ever get to do it, those mountains look like an awesome challenge and adventure.

WOW!!!!! WHAT A TRIP.....CONGRATS. IN 2005 I DID THE SAME TRIP IN THE YUKON, BUT YOU GOT A BIGGER DALL THAN I DID. CANT BLAME YOU FOR WANTING TO GO BACK.....IT CAN BE PRICY..................CONGRATS...........YD.

Pretty special right there!
Well done sheep hunter!
You should be proud of those trophies.

That's a wonderful place which I've been blessed to frequent 3 times dating back to 1981 when Ray Woodward owned the outfit. The last time was about 3 years ago with my daughter and son-in-law and the mountains are definitely getting taller and steeper!

Zeke

Truly a hunt of a lifetime! Great animals. Those are both on my bucket list. With my knees and feet giving me fits, I don't know about the sheep, but at least a big caribou is in order. Share the mounts with us when you get them!

That video is just excellent! It gives a real feel for the hunt. The toughness it must take. I have to think of those guides that do that for a whole season. Tough hombres!

Great post Brady.
My son and I were fortunate enough to do that same hunt in 2010 which also resulted in two great rams and two smoker "bou". That place is pretty magical and always has been, as Zeke can attest.
It is not a hunt for the faint hearted, or physically challenged, but that is another reason why it's so special. We didn't have horses on our adventure, but I am sure your hikes were just as long and as steep. I don't know anyone who has been there that doesn't want to go back some day. Congratulations. Excellent video to extend the memory.

If you are interested, you can check out my son's videos of his hunt:

Littlebighorn, I have to laugh. In preparation for my huntvi watched every Arctic red video on YouTube that I could find multiple times. Your boys videos were two of my favorite, I watched each of them 20+ times! Ha ha. The animals you guys took were all world class! Congrats on a fantastic hunt! Let's go do it again!

Congrats brother

Joe

"Sometimes you do things wrong for so long you
think their right" - 2001
"I can't argue with honesty" - 2005
-Joe E Sikora

Yup, I still get goose bumps watching his videos and I've probably watched them more than anyone. His guide actually took all that footage and put it together. He was amazing.

I am all in for another trip man, but the finance part is a killer.
I do think you need to change your handle... Dreamin of Sheep/Caribou!

Good stuff Dreamin and congrats again on an epic adventure!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom