2018 buck back from taxi

spotnstalkID

Thought I would share last years buck. Just got it back from the taxidermist and had a 1/2 mount done. Turned out decent I thought. Harvested in Idaho, general season, public land.

42572fullsizeoutput1fd6.jpeg

15984fullsizeoutput214e.jpeg

55300qzvbnebrtpsu6gjaosm78q.jpg

99995higgs6btcklkzahmx7njg.jpg

That's an awesome buck and an awesome mount. I never thought of that, half way between a shoulder mount and a full body. Did you stop skinning at the knees when you packed it out?

Such a cool mount. Typically, I think the aspens incorporated into mounts look off a bit. Maybe it's because the golden leaves are usually way up above the deer. Yours is the first I've seen where the aspens are added as though they have fallen. I've been wanting to make a rock ledge with golden aspens for my two wall pedestal bucks that were both taken with golden aspens abounding. Your mount gives me some really good ideas and the visual I've been looking for.

Congrats on your buck and mount.

Thanks for all the compliments.

Hunter0527, I packed everything out pretty much whole (at least from the front shoulders up) and then yes, skinned to the knees prior to taking it to the taxidermist.

I usually try and have animals mounted as similar to how I saw them in the wild prior to harvest. This guy was bedded in a draw and when I walked around the ridge into that draw he jumped out of his bed at 300 yards and was off to the races. Stopped to look back just long enough...

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom