2018 buck back!

HIcountryman

Very Active Member
Got him back from taxi yesterday! Colorado early season.

98011p20190709231124hdr2.jpg

26551p20190710065010hdr2.jpg

Yes, taxidermy is by Chris at All Seasons Taxidermy in Laporte, CO (near Ft Collins). Not to be confused with taxi business in Steamboat Springs, CO by same name!

I am sad that i will be moving more hours away from Chris and his business but he said he would drive to meet me halfway to pickup the next buck i need mounted! He loves these big boys as much as i do. Great work and a great guy to talk hunting with!

Fantastic buck and great mount!

Brian Latturner
MonsterMuleys.com
@mm_founder on Instagram
LIKE MonsterMuleys.com
on Facebook!

Thanks everyone! I shared story of this great buck in mule deer thread oct 25, 2018 "my 2018 mzzl buck", there are field photos and story.

62947p20181018120042hdr3.jpg

Here is a field pic. In the aspens!

Like the buck, But LOVE the wall.
they did a awesome job on that mount.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

Dream buck, great artistry as well. Congrats on a pig.

Sit tall in the saddle, hold your head up high, keep your eyes fixed to where the trail meets the sky...

6848020180915073254.jpg

Thanks all. This buck was in the aspens near a small water seep. It was very hot last summer with drought conditions. Wonder what this year's great moisture will bring?

PS: that is entry hole from powerbelt aero tip platinum bullet 300 grains, bhorn 209 powder 100 gr, at about 45 yde. No ribs, pass through.

Seeing a $300K price tag for some of the supertags, etc. for those AZ beasts sure makes me feel blessed for the time, knowledge, and the will to pursue public land bucks on regular season tags (this was a second choice tag!).

If i had enough money to drop on a supertag - the hunt would still not equal the thrill of matching wits one on one with these great survivors on their own turf! If you ended up shooting a 300 inch trophy that Mossback has been watching for years... and his punk spotter goes up and grabs the fallen buck's antlers before you get to it... ugh.

I revere that moment - as with this buck- as i ran up to keep an eye on him after the shot, to reload for a second shot if needed, when it was just he and i there. I was thrilled but then wounded myself as i watched him take his last breaths... If some jackass screamed "you SMOKED him!!" at that moment... It would have ruined a very emotional time for me. Solo hunting for me is not at all like that sh*t you see on tv.

Thanks and i dont mean to dog on others' hunting styles/methods... just sharing my perspective on this thing we all love!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom