2018 Wyoming antelope trip

oregonmuley

Very Active Member
LAST EDITED ON Oct-25-18 AT 05:15PM (MST)[p]So just got home from my annual antelope trip to Wyoming. This was a tough one, wish I could of went now instead of when I was there. The night before I arrived it snowed about 3-4 inches and got cold. The first morning I hunted it was 16 degrees and sunny so not bad. But what made it tough was the antelope had already all herded up for winter.

The ranch I hunted on pretty much every antelope was in 2 big herds that would merge into one mega herd of maybe 100 animals or so. Made it pretty tough to get close enough without getting busted:) And you could walk for miles and not see an antelope if you lost track of the big herd.

So anyway, did manage to shoot this buck, not my biggest but he made the mistake of lagging behind and offering me a decent shot at him. I did meet up with a fellow ifisher (ifish is another website like MM)there who was kind enough to take some decent pictures which I can never do. Thanks Wade it was a pleasure to meet you and glad your hunt turned out a success!!

After this picture was taken it did warm up plenty so instead of snow it was muddy the rest of the time but I did manage to also fill 2 more doe tags and that was that for the 2018 trip. As always Wyoming is a magic place when it comes to hunting!!!

This buck is pretty busted up, both tips are broken and some of both cutters are also busted but he will be tasty thats for sure:)

414032104.jpg

414032102.jpg

414032100.jpg

Oh what fun and experiences. Late hunt can be a challenge but see a lot of animals at the same time.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom