2020 - Two for the wall!

Bootsie13

2020 was sure a fun and successful season. I was able to connect on a couple of dandy's that both gross over 180 inches. It will take a bit to eat all of the meat but I can't help but wish I had another hunt lined up!

IMG_1744.JPG
IMG_1743.JPG
IMG_1601.JPG

IMG_1598.JPG

Really nice bucks, mind sharing the states and maybe some hunt details. I enjoy hearing about others success. I’m afraid my best hunts are behind me.

Wow, those are a couple of dandy's! Congrats, a lot of people won't kill a buck like either of those in a lifetime, and you've killed two in a year.

Really nice bucks, mind sharing the states and maybe some hunt details. I enjoy hearing about others success. I’m afraid my best hunts are behind me.
Utah and Idaho. Both were backpack hunts. Idaho (tall buck) was incredible timing, after a 4 hour hike up from my base camp, I sat down to glass and not a minute later that guy was moving 100 yards below me. Utah was the result of summer scouting as I found him a month prior and killed him not 100 yards from where I had scouted him.

Last edited:
Did you chop the cape off your Idaho buck? Pretty bucks!
I did. It’s not noticeable in the picture but I shot him on what was likely 60 degree slope; he tumbled against that log and the hill still frozen from a previous snow storm. I initially attempted to cape him and got most of the way through it but as I was wrestling him around against the log it really started to damage the hide. I ultimately decided I’d I just get a cape from my taxidermist. Kinda lame, I know, but given the situation it didn’t bother me too much.

Thanks everyone for the kind replies! The Facebook hunting groups have become unbearable; it’s sure nice to find a community that’s complimentary of one another.

Pair of Ace's in my book. You did awesome.
They will look great on the wall, Hope we get to see the Taxi work when it's done.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom