2021 deer opinion needed please

oldmossback

Ok MM family, I have a old friend (60)who I have worked with for years. Good old guy who loves hunting, has a great attitude and always seems to be lucky.
He has 15 resident deer points and is moving out of state next year. He wants to dump his points this year. I can only give him advice on the northwest corner units which have went down hill as of late. I told him I would ask on here what you guys would do? He wants a nice respectable buck. With the draw coming next week he is getting stressed.
Thanks in advance for your advice.

Last edited:
Ok MM family, I have a old friend (60)who I have worked with for years. Good old guy who loves hunting, has a great attitude and always seems to be lucky.
He has 15 resident deer points and is moving out of state next year. He wants to dump his points this year. I can only give him advice on the northwest corner units which have went down hill as of late. I told him I would ask on here what you guys would do? He wants a nice respectable buck. With the draw coming next week he is getting stressed.
Thanks in advance for your advice.
Tall order in any unit in Colorado

Last edited by a moderator:
old mossback good to see you’re helping out a friend.
Wide and heavy as what we all want isn’t it?
With the current drought we are in that may not be a realistic goal.
60 years really isn’t that old it’s more about physical condition I think.
Wish you guys the best of luck!
Oh yeah I’m sure you meant 2021.

What season does he want to hunt?
He was leaning toward 3rd-4th. I just talked to him again, he want to have a nice fun hunt in a unit with decent access and with good success rate. He has been a meat hunter his whole life. A good buck will be a bonus. He just doesn't want to throw 15 points away on a 5 point unit

Yea thanks, time goes too fast. I meant 2021

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom