2022 Utah Harvest Data is up

I just don't see how these stats are correct. My boys hunted the earlier rifle and no way we saw that many bucks killed or seen. We hunted hard and put many miles on foot in the key areas of the unit and I can tell you no way these stats are correct. PV is in rough shape IMO. I would not take the tag right now if given it.

It is maddening to see how many conservation tags are given, especially for OIL hunts like sheep. Also, the harvest report says there were two multiseason hunters for South Cache but only one permit was reported in the draw odds. I assume the other hunter one was a conservation permit. This is also super annoying because it means there were no bonus permits for the South Cache multiseason hunt. Some poor sap with 28 bonus permits got stiffed so the division can pimp out another conservation permit.

I just don't see how these stats are correct. My boys hunted the earlier rifle and no way we saw that many bucks killed or seen. We hunted hard and put many miles on foot in the key areas of the unit and I can tell you no way these stats are correct. PV is in rough shape IMO. I would not take the tag right now if given it.
You must have been hunting in the wrong spot.

And where are the harvest stats for the general elk hunts?
I don’t think they ever post harvest rates for general elk hunts, but they talk about it in WB meetings. It’s really none of our business, but you might find some general numbers in the 5-year management plan or other obscure documents, which generally get ignored by everyone including the WB. Just focus on the wonderful opportunity that lay before you, and let the WB take care of the details.

Thanks for posting 6pointbull !!!

As a tiny consolation, it appears I wasn't the only one who suffered on the Vernon archery hunt this year. 26% success on a LE hunt is pretty slim pickens. On top of that I saw two guys who shot forky's the last day to fill the freezer.

Thank goodness I can put in for elk again :)

Cheers, Pete

Last edited:
Amazing the difference one week can make.

The Manti got hit by a pretty crappy winter storm for the opener. I saw few hunters, and with fog I didn't see a buck the entire opener.

Second weekend it was like a floodgate, I'm more surprised it was not a higher success rate.

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom