2023 Henry's Bucks

Joered21

Hey guys let's see what was killed on the Henry's so far this year. I'm really really hoping someone has killed this buck. I hit him poorly on opening day of the archery hunt and spent the next 9 days looking for him to no prevail. I pray every day that I'll see that someone got him. There were a lot of great bucks down there this year so let's see some pics!

VideoCapture_20230816-174530.jpg

VideoCapture_20230816-174522.jpg

VideoCapture_20230816-174421.jpg

He jumped my shot and turned to run away. The arrow hit his shoulder blade and went just under the skin. We had good video of the whole thing. Multiple people saw him just after then he just disappeared.
He just might be still kicking…

I'm surprised a outfitter wasn't glued to that dude..maybe that what happened to him
They were actually. Long story but they moved in on him after me opening morning and got a shot and missed. We were able to see him bed and that's when I got my chance. They saw him after and were super cool with trying to help find him. They weren't the typical outfitter types we're all used to. They're hunter ended up killing a different buck that was equally impressive if not better.

You are absolutely right and I'm still sick about it. That's why I just keep hoping someone will turn up with him.
I’d like to say, “you’ll get over it”, but that’d probably be BS. It would be nice though to find out someone finished him off, made some good deer jerky and has a trophy of a lifetime.
If that’s not the case, then maybe someone will have an amazing day when they walk up on the huge deadhead and it’s their greatest find.
Sorry you lost him man! Crappy

I’d like to say, “you’ll get over it”, but that’d probably be BS. It would be nice though to find out someone finished him off, made some good deer jerky and has a trophy of a lifetime.
If that’s not the case, then maybe someone will have an amazing day when they walk up on the huge deadhead and it’s their greatest find.
Sorry you lost him man! Crappy
I appreciate the words! Thanks man!

I'm Surprised There Hasn't Been Any Of The 'PERFECT HUNTERS'
Chime In With Their BS about How They've Never Lost An Animal!

It's A BAD SAD Deal!

But It Happens!

One Of The Worst Feelings A Hunter Can Experience IMO!

I Hope Some Way Some How You Recover The Rack!

I'm Surprised There Hasn't Been Any Of The 'PERFECT HUNTERS'
Chime In With Their BS about How They've Never Lost An Animal!

It's A BAD SAD Deal!

But It Happens!

One Of The Worst Feelings A Hunter Can Experience IMO!

I Hope Some Way Some How You Recover The Rack!
I really was expecting for something like that to be said from someone. If it does then thats ok. I can handle it! I'm just hopeful that SOMEONE does. I'd be happy even if it isn't me.

Crap happens. 9 days is a lot of looking. You are better than me. Did you end up tagging out?

I’ll also admit that once I gave the proper amount of time looking that my conscience demanded of me—-and with that tag—-I’d keep hunting.

Crap happens. 9 days is a lot of looking. You are better than me. Did you end up tagging out?

I’ll also admit that once I gave the proper amount of time looking that my conscience demanded of me—-and with that tag—-I’d keep hunting.
Yes I ended up getting one. He's a decent buck but nothing compared to the first. I was burned out and needed to get home.

You can believe whatever you want. I really don't give a s***. This may come as a surprise but not everyone is an a**hole like you are.
Now you speak the truth…… I’m definitely an ass hole. Clearly, I work hard at it.
Also, I believe you told the whole truth about your Henries deer hunt and the kind of help you received from the outfitter. I know a number for outfitters just like the one you referred to on your hunt.

The reason I made the comment I did is because there is a constant bashing of outfitters on this Forum and I find the negative generalization adherent.

One more thing I should point out along with my confession to being a dedicated and accomplished ass hole…….. you wouldn’t recognize sarcasm if it pulled one of your teeth with a Vice Grip. Just saying …… ?

Now you speak the truth…… I’m definitely an ass hole. Clearly, I work hard at it.
Also, I believe you told the whole truth about your Henries deer hunt and the kind of help you received from the outfitter. I know a number for outfitters just like the one you referred to on your hunt.

The reason I made the comment I did is because there is a constant bashing of outfitters on this Forum and I find the negative generalization adherent.

One more thing I should point out along with my confession to being a dedicated and accomplished ass hole…….. you wouldn’t recognize sarcasm if it pulled one of your teeth with a Vice Grip. Just saying …… ?
You're right. I'm way too uptight and have zero sense of humor!

Forgive 2lumpy for he knows not what he did.
All kidding to aside 2lumpy is just being facetious, he is just a little awkward in his sense of humor, nit his fault it is the Canadian in him.?
Your storey is a good example of how we all should go about handling a bad situation.

Forgive 2lumpy for he knows not what he did.
All kidding to aside 2lumpy is just being facetious, he is just a little awkward in his sense of humor, nit his fault it is the Canadian in him.?
Your storey is a good example of how we all should go about handling a bad situation.
I find being referred to as awkward a nice compliment. Knew I could count on you notdon.

I was down on the Henrys this muzzy hunt for 21 days. I went down two weeks prior to the opener to scout and just relax before the opener of the hunt. I feel that I scouted the unit well from Stanton pass to Bull pass and glassed a lot of country. I had a four wheeler and my ranger side X side to get me around. I saw a lot of deer but not the quality I was anticipating to find on the unit. I have been going down on the unit for the last 9 years and the quality and quantity for sure has gone down hill.
With that being said, I did not see the Buck Joered21 is inquiring about. All though I did find two deer that were obviously wounded from something, more than likely archery hunters. I put a post earlier that I called ??Archery Hunting on this very blog site but the site owners deleted it?????.I feel that I gave this hunt my best effort to find and harvest the best buck I could find on the unit and kill it or go home with my tag in hand. I had two of the best friends a man could ask for helping me on the hunt, they would drive separate ways and check in with what was seen. To be honest not much was being seen to get excited about.The target buck ended up being a 5X4 we figured it would score about
190 to195 a good buck. Other hunters had found this deer and were always in the area so we moved on. I hunted for 7 of the 9 days and on day 7 we found a buck in his bed that would end my 25 year quest for a Henry mountain muley. I had a great hunt and owe all the credit of harvesting this magnificent buck to my great friends Kyle and Adam.This was truly a hunt of a lifetime and I hope anyone that reads this can experience a adventure like I had. My Taxidermist has scored this deer at 219"

IMG_4296.jpg

IMG_3692.jpg

IMG_4307.jpg

I was down on the Henrys this muzzy hunt for 21 days. I went down two weeks prior to the opener to scout and just relax before the opener of the hunt. I feel that I scouted the unit well from Stanton pass to Bull pass and glassed a lot of country. I had a four wheeler and my ranger side X side to get me around. I saw a lot of deer but not the quality I was anticipating to find on the unit. I have been going down on the unit for the last 9 years and the quality and quantity for sure has gone down hill.
With that being said, I did not see the Buck Joered21 is inquiring about. All though I did find two deer that were obviously wounded from something, more than likely archery hunters. I put a post earlier that I called ??Archery Hunting on this very blog site but the site owners deleted it?????.I feel that I gave this hunt my best effort to find and harvest the best buck I could find on the unit and kill it or go home with my tag in hand. I had two of the best friends a man could ask for helping me on the hunt, they would drive separate ways and check in with what was seen. To be honest not much was being seen to get excited about.The target buck ended up being a 5X4 we figured it would score about
190 to195 a good buck. Other hunters had found this deer and were always in the area so we moved on. I hunted for 7 of the 9 days and on day 7 we found a buck in his bed that would end my 25 year quest for a Henry mountain muley. I had a great hunt and owe all the credit of harvesting this magnificent buck to my great friends Kyle and Adam.This was truly a hunt of a lifetime and I hope anyone that reads this can experience a adventure like I had. My Taxidermist has scored this deer at 219"

View attachment 123549

View attachment 123550

View attachment 123551
Very nice buck and thanks for a great write up!

View attachment 123549

View attachment 123550

View attachment 123551
That's badass congrats!

View attachment 123549

View attachment 123550

View attachment 123551
Hell of a buck and what a story! Thanks for sharing!

I'm curious what your archery hunting post was about. Besides archery hunting obviously! ?

Hey guys let's see what was killed on the Henry's so far this year. I'm really really hoping someone has killed this buck. I hit him poorly on opening day of the archery hunt and spent the next 9 days looking for him to no prevail. I pray every day that I'll see that someone got him. There were a lot of great bucks down there this year so let's see some pics!

View attachment 122871

View attachment 122872

View attachment 122873
This buck was killed today on the rifle hunt.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom