2023 Kaibab Adventures

rockymtnhunter

To my MM friends:
Nothing in the 2023 draw for me, even with 9 BP’s. It appears that point creep for Kaibab hunts jumped up 3-6 points this year – as a NR, that makes playing the application game a losing proposition for me and others. Of course there’s always the chance that lightning could strike for a random tag, but that probability is getting very, very small at best. I hoped that this would be my lucky year because I’m now 70 and kidney disease continues to stalk me - there is a high likelihood that by next fall I’ll be on dialysis – which will put the kibosh on my hunting. The Kaibab has been good to me since 1971 when I started my USFS career there. So many hunts, so many hunting buddies, so many memories – it truly is a special place. I’ve seen a lot of change there over the years, mostly good, but some not so good. There are still big bucks and my hope is that the future will be better for deer and those who pursue them.

I intend to be there this summer and fall, and I’m making the same offer to help hunters during the archery and both rifle hunts. Frankly, that is now my passion – sharing what I’ve learned about the Kaibab with others, esp. Kaibab first-timers, while I still can. I’ll be making a couple of scouting trips in July (July 13-15) and August (Aug 10-12 & Aug 17-19). If anyone would like to tag along, please PM me - I’d love to show you some of my favorite places and hopefully see some big bucks in velvet. I enjoy helping others understand some of the unique qualities of the Kaibab – and I have my share of hunting lies, ohhh I mean stories to share.

Good luck to all! Enjoy and cherish the memories of wherever your hunting takes you this year. Thanks!

Sorry to hear about your health as well as not drawing a tag. Very kind of you to make that offer to drawn hunters again this year. I wish I could take you up on it but I didn’t draw either.

Sorry to hear about the health issues. My dad is getting up there as well. He drew a Kaibab Champ tag this year, Sept. 22-28th. I'd love to do anything and everything to get him on a big deer. I will be making a couple trips up there sometime in August and early Sept. Any help would be appreciated.

Man sucks our health fades away !! Sounds like you have helped a lot of guys on the kaibab at least they can’t take that back !! Hope your health lets ya hang around a little longer !! ??

Dan
I have enjoyed talking to you over the years about the Kiabab. Hope you still get one more opportunity to hunt it. Will be down there on the early hunt helping a friend. You are welcome to meet at our camp for for dinner any time.

To my MM friends:
Nothing in the 2023 draw for me, even with 9 BP’s. It appears that point creep for Kaibab hunts jumped up 3-6 points this year – as a NR, that makes playing the application game a losing proposition for me and others. Of course there’s always the chance that lightning could strike for a random tag, but that probability is getting very, very small at best. I hoped that this would be my lucky year because I’m now 70 and kidney disease continues to stalk me - there is a high likelihood that by next fall I’ll be on dialysis – which will put the kibosh on my hunting. The Kaibab has been good to me since 1971 when I started my USFS career there. So many hunts, so many hunting buddies, so many memories – it truly is a special place. I’ve seen a lot of change there over the years, mostly good, but some not so good. There are still big bucks and my hope is that the future will be better for deer and those who pursue them.

I intend to be there this summer and fall, and I’m making the same offer to help hunters during the archery and both rifle hunts. Frankly, that is now my passion – sharing what I’ve learned about the Kaibab with others, esp. Kaibab first-timers, while I still can. I’ll be making a couple of scouting trips in July (July 13-15) and August (Aug 10-12 & Aug 17-19). If anyone would like to tag along, please PM me - I’d love to show you some of my favorite places and hopefully see some big bucks in velvet. I enjoy helping others understand some of the unique qualities of the Kaibab – and I have my share of hunting lies, ohhh I mean stories to share.

Good luck to all! Enjoy and cherish the memories of wherever your hunting takes you this year. Thanks!
Sorry to hear about your health. I drew the archery tag up there this year and would like to talk about the area if you have a little time. Thank you

Not good news on your health. Who knows, maybe it won't be as bad as you think and you'll get that tag next year.

Although I don't have a tag, I do have 10 NR points. And if I was within a days drive, I'd come out there and camp and hike with you just so I could learn something about the Kaibab. Gonna send you a PM tho. A few general questions.

Arizona Hunting Guides & Outfitters

SilverGrand Outfitters

Offering mule deer, elk, antelope, bighorn sheep, javelina, and turkey hunts in Nevada and Arizona.

Arizona Elk Outfitters

Offering the serious hunter a chance to hunt trophy animals in the great Southwest.

A3 Trophy Hunts

An Arizona Outfitter specializing in the harvest of World Class big game of all species.

Arizona Strip Guides

Highly experienced and highly dedicated team of hardworking professional Arizona Strip mule deer guides.

Urge 2 Hunt

THE premier hunts in Arizona for trophy elk, mule deer, couse deer and javelina.

Shadow Valley Outfitters

AZ Strip and Kaibab mule deer, big bulls during the rut, spot-n-stalk pronghorn and coues deer hunts.

Back
Top Bottom