2023 Season

Silentstalker

Long Time Member
With the year closing out I thought I would share my season with you guys.
I started out drawing a mid tier archery elk tag in Az. With a scouting trip under my belt my brother @elkhunterUT and I hit it hard. Hunted everyday and although opportunities abounded, I just could not pull it off. If I zigged, the bull would zagg. If I did something it seemed to be the opposite of what I should have done. In the end I ate tag soup but had an amazing hunt and look forward to getting back down there one day to give it a try again.

IMG_6625.jpeg

IMG_6621.jpeg

Last edited:
Next up was my nephews mid season elk hunt. His first elk hunt! @elkhunterUT documented that hunt with a successful outcome! What a rush to see a young man get his first elk!

Next came my Whitetail hunt. I was invited on a whitetail hunt up north with my buddy and his friend. Seems the winter kill was pretty bad but we hoped for the best! I saw a few small to medium bucks. On the 3rd day I decided to shoot this buck- my biggest to date.

IMG_0524.jpeg

IMG_0534.jpeg

The last tag I had was my general season archery elk tag. With the help of great hunting buddies and family I was able to shoot this bull and get him packed out in one trip. I could not have done it without them. 26 yards shot and he went about 40 yards.
A sweet way to close out my big game season.

IMG_3294.jpeg

It was another great year with plenty of sore backs packing out elk!

Thanks for helping on Chris’s hunt and glad I could return the favor packing out your late extended archery bull! Heck of an accomplishment killing a bull like that on the front!!

That's an impressive feat! The extended is unforgiving, steep, and nasty but keeps us returning every year. Congratulations on an awesome season!

Congratulations! You did have an amazing year. You forgot about the brutal pack out of my wife’s moose! Couldn’t have done it without you.
I still can’t believe that extended bull, just amazing!

Congratulations! You did have an amazing year. You forgot about the brutal pack out of my wife’s moose! Couldn’t have done it without you.
I still can’t believe that extended bull, just amazing!
I didn’t forget! I’m still sore from that! Here is a pic!! I was trying to wash my hands in that stream and that head was moving me all over the place! 😂

I helped pack another moose out a few weeks later. It’s been a fun year!

IMG_0429.jpeg

Next up was my nephews mid season elk hunt. His first elk hunt! @elkhunterUT documented that hunt with a successful outcome! What a rush to see a young man get his first elk!

Next came my Whitetail hunt. I was invited on a whitetail hunt up north with my buddy and his friend. Seems the winter kill was pretty bad but we hoped for the best! I saw a few small to medium bucks. On the 3rd day I decided to shoot this buck- my biggest to date.

View attachment 129636

View attachment 129637
Damn nice WT for sure Congrats my friend

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom