2023 Unit 52 muzzleloader success

ElkHunterNM

My brothers unit 52 muzzleloader bull. The open sights were a serious game changer. He made a great 137 yard shot.

IMG_1576.jpeg

IMG_1581.jpeg

Congrats.
I agree, that's not only a distance game changer but first and last light will be shortened by this as well.
Still, can't kill em if not drawn. Based on the lack of rut activity experienced in Sept then muzzy guys should have had a great hunt regarding activity.

Congrats.
I agree, that's not only a distance game changer but first and last light will be shortened by this as well.
Still, can't kill em if not drawn. Based on the lack of rut activity experienced in Sept then muzzy guys should have had a great hunt regarding activity.
The fiber optic open sights are the only way to go.

My brothers unit 52 muzzleloader bull. The open sights were a serious game changer. He made a great 137 yard shot.

View attachment 122358

View attachment 122359
Just right PR!!! Thats a dandy for 52, looks plenty heavy . My pops had that MI hunt last year and it was so hard to hunt, hunters all over and bulls wouldnt much after first light ...After a slow Sept I had a feeling the early Oct hunts would be great!Thanks for sharing ...

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom