.204 ruger

It has the trajectory of a 22-250 with alot lighter recoil.You can see the bullet impact through the scope. It is going to be around for a while as a very successfull cartridge design.IMHO.

horsepoop.gif

They're a great coyote gun , under 200 yards they can't be beat. if long shots with any wind are your thing stay with a 22-250 or better yet a 243.

I really like my 204...but if your really after the coyotes go with a 257 weatherby..I like that too..RIMROCK

shot a yote this past weekend at 480 in pretty high wind seemed to do pretty damn good, dumped him in his tracks, pretty cool to it looked like he'd been shot in the back leg, and been caught in a trap on his front leg(no toes). healed up just fine.

I am also looking at getting one of these .204 guns. My father-in-law has one and loves it.

My question is which one?

Remington 700 LV SF or
Remington 700 VS SFII

I have been looking at these and am leaning to the heavier longer barrel one. Not sure about packing it around but better when prairie dog hunting.

I have been checking out the Howa and recently the Savage has caught my eye. Not bad looking guns and the price is much better. Anyone used the Savage Accutrigger? Good/bad/gimmick?

Not sure if the Remmy is $300-400 better.

Any experiences/comments about any of these would be helpful.

i absolutely love the accutrigger. wouldnt want the savage gun as a hunting rifle but makes a really good varmint gun.

i have had my .204 for almost a year now. i love it. i have shot 9 dogs with it. the longest shot being the neighborhood of 350 yards. i am using the sierra 39's w/benchmark powder and i am getting right at 3950 fps. the group is very very tight as well.

Got one myself for a coyote shooter, but get a lot of feedback that it is ineffective past 200 yards unless the shot is perfect. Can't tell myself because I can't get the dang thing sighted in. Not sure if it is the rifle, scope, mounts or ammo causing the problem, but shots at 100 yards are flying all over the place.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom