209 ignition?

feduptwo

As I've been reading up on whats new in the muzzleloading world and I've been reading on the negatives of 209 ignition. I was wondering if any of you have tried these 25. acp ignition systems or similiar?
Also What do you all think of the 209 designed specifically for muzzle loaders?

>As I've been reading up on
>whats new in the muzzleloading
>world and I've been reading
>on the negatives of 209
>ignition. I was wondering
>if any of you have
>tried these 25. acp ignition
>systems or similiar?
>Also What do you all think
>of the 209 designed specifically
>for muzzle loaders?

Remington solved the problems with plain 209 primers. You need to try the Remington Kleanbore Primers. They are based off the .410 shotgun primers which are not as powerful and don't cause the other problems normal shotgun primers had. IMO, it makes the 25 apc "primers" obsolete.

More info:

http://www.remington.com/products/ammunition/black_powder.asp

-DallanC

I have converted my Omega and my NEF Huntsman to the .25ACP breechplug. I personally really like if for two reasons. Number one is that the range of available inexpensive primers is almost endless. The second reason is that the .25ACP brass is much easier to handle than the 209 shotgun primer. It is easier to insert especially with cold hands and it allows more to grasp if the primer tends to stick which makes removal without tools much more possible. There is a third advantage in the NEF and that is reduction of blowback and elimination of the need for the plastic carriers. The only drawback is that you need the equipment to deprime and reprime the cases which is relatively inexpensive equipment if you are not a reloader with some of that equipment already. The breechplugs are expensive.

DallanC, I read on this forum recently where someone reported the Remington Company put their regular 209 primers into a special green box and labeled them MUZZLELOADER PRIMERS even though they were NOT any different from their regular 209 primers!!! Is Remington now producing and marketing primers that are LESS powerful and explosive? Tell me more about the 410 primers. Thanks, CowTag

>DallanC, I read on this
>forum recently where someone
>reported the Remington Company put
> their regular 209 primers
>into a special green box
>and labeled them MUZZLELOADER
>PRIMERS even though they
>were NOT any different from
>their regular 209 primers!!! Is
>Remington now producing and marketing
>primers that are LESS powerful
>and explosive? Tell me more
>about the 410 primers. Thanks,
> CowTag

Do you have a link to the post you are referring to? Remington uses a modified .410 primer for their special ML primers. I know, i have 400 of them, they are colored differently than the standard 209's.

-DallanC

DallanC: Thanks for your reply to my inquiry. Try as I have, I cannot find the post about the fellow saying that the Remington Company tricked the shooting world by using regular shotgun primers 209 but putting them into special packaging and selling them as less powerful 209's. Not too long ago either on one of these topics. I just looked at the package of 200 Remington 209 primers that I purchased last Sept. 06 (the same ones I used in Colorado during the muzzleloader season) and they say exactly what you say. Made only for muzzleloaders and not for shotgun reloading. Looks like the fellow was incorrect! Any other viewers remember that guy making that statement? Thanks DallanC for your posts. CowTag from southern Illinois

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom