20A - Copper Basin Road...

Cazador

I've been scouting around various areas for the upcoming youth deer hunt. Has anyone hunted the Copper Basin Road west of Prescott?

That area turns in to a zoo during general rifle. I grew up in and hunted that area my hole life. Send me a pm and let me know where you have been and i will help you where I can.

went scouting last sunday. Scouted the lower areas of copper basin rd which is just east of Skull Valley. Hunted that area many times in the 90's and some great bucks in there.. Noticed the road at about the 3 mile point that forks to the south of copper basis toward the old phelps dodge mine now has a locked gate.. Gate looks fairly new..I don't recall it being locked last yr when I was quail hunting. This is a bummer, cause there really is no other access to this area that I'm aware of.
Anybody that is familiar with the area that can shed some light on this for me would be helpful.. Is this now private? I thought it was open range?

pilgrim I live in 20a. I am seeing a small # of nice bucks along different parts of the Aspen Creek Trail. Also if you go down to the foothills on the west side. Best of luck!

Yes and no... My son took a javelina Sunday morning. We hunted southwest of Mayer. I think someone else posted somewhere on the Arizona forum that they had seen a lot of does and fawns this year and within the next year or two we'll see a large number of spikes and forks. I have to agree as we seen ~7-8 does and each one had two fawns with them. We did not see one buck and we hiked our butts off and glassed a lot. Another junior hunter and his father that hunted to the east of our location in the lower desert seen a monster 4x4 but could not get a shot. My buddy's granddaughter took a nice little 3x4 near Cleator. It was a good hunt with my boys, nephew and father-in-law though. I'm now getting ready for my deer hunt next week up in 17A.

Arizona Hunting Guides & Outfitters

SilverGrand Outfitters

Offering mule deer, elk, antelope, bighorn sheep, javelina, and turkey hunts in Nevada and Arizona.

Arizona Elk Outfitters

Offering the serious hunter a chance to hunt trophy animals in the great Southwest.

A3 Trophy Hunts

An Arizona Outfitter specializing in the harvest of World Class big game of all species.

Arizona Strip Guides

Highly experienced and highly dedicated team of hardworking professional Arizona Strip mule deer guides.

Urge 2 Hunt

THE premier hunts in Arizona for trophy elk, mule deer, couse deer and javelina.

Shadow Valley Outfitters

AZ Strip and Kaibab mule deer, big bulls during the rut, spot-n-stalk pronghorn and coues deer hunts.

Back
Top Bottom