20A junior hunt

Cazador

My son and nephew drew this unit. Although I'm familiar with this unit I usually hunt the lower deserts during the general hunts and archery but I think it will be a little too warm/hot for early October. I would like to hunt Big Bug Mesa and I know during the general rifle hunt it is very busy. Any recommendations is appreciated. Thx

Im not sure if the west side of crown king is your area but I hunted 2 years ago and had a hayday of bucks. the area was east of wagner and west of crown king in the desert area. there is water year round.

Back again, the area is called Minnahaha flat.There is a spring and windmills almost evert 1/2 mile. Lots of deer in that area.
forest route 362.

Thank you for the info. That area is unit 20A as long as you hunt to the north and to the west of FR 362. I have that area in mind for a scouting trip. I've been back on the Wagoner road a few years ago but not that far back. How's the road back to Minnehaha Flat? Would I be able to get a travel trailer back there easily?

That's good info guys. I would've loved to have had that info last year. I hunted the Turkey Creek area around Goodwin and it was like hunting in the middle of an off road race. I never even heard a shot. I did see deer but they were either a mile away or so brushed up in the Manzanita I couldn't get off a shot.
I even know the game warden for that unit and he couldn't believe it either. My advice is to take the advice about the Wagoner area and the Minnehaha.

LAST EDITED ON Jul-30-09 AT 09:39AM (MST)[p]I agree the east side of the Bradshaws gets a lot of traffic. When I hunted a few years ago near Wagoner we were the only hunters back in there. We ended up taking a nice 3x4 east of Wilhoit.

The travel trailer might have trouble, but the best is probable go in off of 89 south to wickenburg coming from prescott and going into wagner, or camping off of senator then leaving early and getting down low. We had 5 buck during archery all 4 points one really nice 160 to 170 class buck.Didnt get any of them.

LAST EDITED ON Aug-14-09 AT 06:55AM (MST)[p]Thanks again for the info.... Did you hunt in there during the December/January archery hunt?

Arizona Hunting Guides & Outfitters

SilverGrand Outfitters

Offering mule deer, elk, antelope, bighorn sheep, javelina, and turkey hunts in Nevada and Arizona.

Arizona Elk Outfitters

Offering the serious hunter a chance to hunt trophy animals in the great Southwest.

A3 Trophy Hunts

An Arizona Outfitter specializing in the harvest of World Class big game of all species.

Arizona Strip Guides

Highly experienced and highly dedicated team of hardworking professional Arizona Strip mule deer guides.

Urge 2 Hunt

THE premier hunts in Arizona for trophy elk, mule deer, couse deer and javelina.

Shadow Valley Outfitters

AZ Strip and Kaibab mule deer, big bulls during the rut, spot-n-stalk pronghorn and coues deer hunts.

Back
Top Bottom