212 Desert Sheep

SWAGshootn

My brother drew this tag this year and looking for some info. I have searched the archives and found some info, but as always, more is better.

Anyone with recent experience? I noticed this year the unit went from having an early and late hunt to just one hunt? Would you hunt early with everyone or hunt late alone?? Also, anyone have experience with trying to find a lone ram in the southern part of the unit?

Myself, if possible always
hunt/guide sheep hunts later in the Season. Look areas that hold ram bands. Lone rams usualy end up as Lion bait. Good Luck ... Bruce & SilverGrand

Not a giant just a 7 year old 150" ram but I did it solo with my bow. Average rams in 212 are 150 to 160 and occasionally a ram over 160 gets taken out of there.

IMG_0053.JPG

IMG_0065.JPG

I'm guessing that's a well above average size ram for that unit.
Well done.
Yeah he is one of the bigger ones that have come out of that unit in a while. I think there have been 3 or 4 that have been taken in the last decade that score a bit higher. I actually passed on one that probably scored a touch better but I really liked the look of this one. The other was a bit thinner but probably longer and wasn't broomed at all. Somewhere I have a long spotting scope pic of him. I'll try and find it.

Yeah he is one of the bigger ones that have come out of that unit in a while. I think there have been 3 or 4 that have been taken in the last decade that score a bit higher. I actually passed on one that probably scored a touch better but I really liked the look of this one. The other was a bit thinner but probably longer and wasn't broomed at all. Somewhere I have a long spotting scope pic of him. I'll try and find it.
I'll take heavy and broomed over long and tipped on Bighorns any day. Your ram is a dandy.

Nevada Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Big Bucks & Bulls Timberline Outfitters Guide Service

Customized and high quality eastern Nevada trophy hunts for mule deer, elk and antelope.

Western Wildlife Adventures

We offer some excellent mule deer and elk hunts in northeast Nevada.

Currant Creek Outfitters

Nevada, big bucks and big bulls! We hunt for quality not quantity.

Nevada Outfitters & Guides Association

Find guides and outfitters for mule deer, elk, sheep, chuckar, fishing, & more!

SilverGrand Outfitters

Successfully guiding in Nevada for many years. Mule deer, elk, antelope and bighorn sheep hunts.

Hidden Lake Outfitters

Specializing in trophy mule deer hunts along with elk, mountain goat, antelope and mountain lion.

G&J Outdoors

Full time outfitter with 20+ years hunting mule deer, sheep, elk, antelope, lion and chukar.

Mountain Man Outfitters

Offering world class mule deer hunts in some of the most productive units in Nevada.

Nevada High Desert Outfitters

Rocky mountain goats, desert, rocky and california bighorn, mule deer, antelope and elk hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

If you want an unguided hunt but can't draw your tags, you need to call us.

White River Guide Service

50 years of guiding experience! Mule deer, elk, sheep and cougar.

Back
Top Bottom