220" island draw buck

HorseCreek

Very Active Member
I thought this woulda been posted already. I saw it this morning. Stud of a buck!
5461image.jpg

Traditional >>>------->

It's always tough to judge from pictures but IMO, this is a better buck, at least i like it better, than the one Denny took!

Standing side by side, i believe i'd shoot this one.

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

Was He Wearing His Orange?:D

Kiddin!

Wished I could Hunt Alcatraz just once!

I'd Hire YELUM & We'd Hunt for 3 Months Just Enjoying Seeing Muleys of the NON-PISSCUTTER Type!

I used to know of places worth Hiking in to for Elk & Deer!
Thanks to Illegal Bastards & the USFS not enforcing Rules you can Zing in to them Places on Wheelers now & not see a Damn thing!
But by GAWD it don't take long for them U-Tards to get there with all the Unethical BS and the New Technology!

Hands down the better buck of the 2 taken. Didn't this hunter do this hunt on his own too?

"Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway."

Very impressive! I must admit I am jealous. In my opinion, it's definitely the better of the two bucks and the it's best of the bucks taken off there over the last three years...I love typicals though.

They called this deer "frame". To me, he his one of the most impressive bucks I have ever seen. I'd shoot him over any of the other bucks that have come from the island.

I have to agree, I love bucks with huge frames like this one. Granted its 20" smaller but the Frame on him is WAYYYY bigger than Denny's buck. I'd should a big typical like this every time.

Mntman

"Hunting is where you prove yourself"

Let me guess, you drive a 1 ton with oak trees for smoke stacks, 12" lift kit and 40" tires to pull a single place lawn mower trailer?

This deer is everything you could hope for in a typical, and one of the best I've ever seen out there. I think he will end up netting around 205. So both bucks could make the book, one in each category. Congrats to the hunter. I sure hope the mount gets diplayed at the expo so we can see it up close.

Yelum

Theres logic, and theres women. They don't go together.

LAST EDITED ON Nov-17-13 AT 10:26AM (MST)[p]And I like the picture better, too. A bit grainy and out of focus, but the buck (and the full moon) gets the center of attention.

Yelum, are these deer native to the island or are they transplants? Whatever, they sure have good genetics.

Congrats to the lucky hunter!

Eel

Congradulations to Jeff on a beautiful Buck. Knowing Jeff he shot the buck that he liked the best regardless of score.

Truly an awesome deer! Congratulations to Jeff. I was lucky enough to go on this hunt. I've never seen a bigger frame on a deer. In regards to how wide he is, he's 33" wide.

Are there any other pics somewhere? Maybe one from the side, I'm just curious what his main beams are like. hard to tell in this pic.

As crazy as it sounds, of the 6 bucks killed on the island, this bucks frame is the 4th biggest.

Maybe Toadbuck can post up some better pics. Pleeease

Yelum

Theres logic, and theres women. They don't go together.

Made me sad to see him dead. Here's his sheds from last year and the year before.
2012 sheds
4299image.jpg

2013 shed
9752image.jpg

"I've hunted almost every day of my life, The rest
have been wasted"

Helluva buck! Congrats to the hunter.

His smile is just like Denny's. Must be something about the huge buck!

Zeke

Super looking Buck, love that frame

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom