2200 2800 or sacrifice?

wyobackcountry

I'm looking at getting a new 2200 2800 or sacrifice pack, mostly for day trips but it may be very occasionally used on an overnighter. It WILL be used for packing elk and deer quarters at least one trip, hopefully at least two quarters at a time, until I can grab the packframe. I will also be carrying a spotter and tripod along with some smaller supplies. Which would you choose and why?
I'll also be both archery and rifle hunting.

I have the 2800 and love the pack. I've packed 100lb load as the 2 of us boned out a cow and made it out with one trip, but it wasn't that comfortable for a heavy load. A 60lb load it handles fine. It isn't the lightest, and mine is 4 years old or so, so I might look at the sacrifice or kuiu as a light pack.

I would recommend the 2800. It works just fine as a day pack and hauls weight very well. The Sacrifice was not really designed for hauling multiple quarters.

Check out Eberlestock X2, it is a great daypack that can haul an elk quarter comfortably. When I was researching packs, I found some reviews of guys that had both packs and that preferred the X2. I have never owned a Badlands, but if you haven't looked at the X2, it might be worth a look.

They are all great packs.

Grizzly

2200 the pack is awsome the 2800 is nice to. I have herd and seen bad thing with the sacrifice. frame buckling and hurting peoples backs. I talked with the badlands guys in salt lake this year when i was trying on packs ( i went with the diablo that day but have a 2200) they said the 2200 is the best pack they have, i think the diablo is i love that pack but not great for packing out quarters.

I have the sacrafice....you can tell it's designed to be a lightweight bivy hunting type pack. That being said, I helped haul a couple of deer out of the backcounty last year and didn't have any problems. Elk quarters? There no such thing as a 'comfortable' pack when your hauling that much weight but you might be better off with the 2200 for that.

I've had most of the badlands packs, and most everything else for that matter, and my favorite day pack so far is the eberlestock X2. It's just about right.

I've got a few questions for you Eberlestock X2 guys. What kind of guarantee/warranty do they offer and how is there service? On the x2, when the wing pockets are open and loaded with a spotter and tripod is there any interference wile carrying a slinged rifle? Thanks again!

I also have the Eberlstock X2 I find it a bit small for a day trip in cold weather with all the cold weather gear, I believe they sell a gun holder that attaches to the Pack but I'm not sure. When I used the pack and carried a rifle on my shoulder the rifle would slide off my shoulder quite a bit. For what the X2 is it was a good pack, but for me on day trips I want a little bit more room, and that's why this year I'm upgrading packs.

I have the X2 with the A2SS Side Scabbard for a scoped hunting rifle and the Butt Bucket for a bow. Both are built so you can get access to your bow/rifle without taking off your pack. They still hold your bow/rifle really securely so you can hike hands-free and still get to your bow/rifle quickly if you need to.

The A2SS hasn't gotten in the way of my spotting scope/tripod yet. I use the "open" wing pockets for my scope/tripod and the "closed" wing pockets for water bladders.

Eberlestock says they have a Simple Lifetime Warranty, but I have never had a problem with my pack (fairly new) so I don't have first-hand experience.

They are all good packs. Just pick the one that fits your style the best.

Grizzly

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom