221-223 deer

Moosey69

It's been kind of quiet on the Nevada board lately. Anyone started scouting area 22 yet? I will be there for the early rifle hunt Oct.5 - 20 and I plan on going out in September to scout but I am just chomping at the bit and can't wait.
Also I know there has been a lot of rain lately, has that scattered the deer any from the places that they normaly are this time of year?

I was up in unit 221 over the 4th of July and seen TONS of deer and elk. The feed was greener and taller than ever before. This is an exceptional year to have a tag in hand. Good luck!

I just got back to arizona today. I have been in 231 scouting for oct 5-28 deer. Rained buckets on me fri-sat the country looks good and green.

Scouted an adjacent unit over 4th of July weekend and saw lots bucks, lots of water, and lots of feed. It was as green as anyone could imagine. Anyone with an tag in Eastern Nevada should be in for a good year. I'll be out there stick and string for the opener next Sat.

I am heading up there Wed Aug 5th to do some scouting. I drew the early rifle tag and have never hunted this area before. Any body have any suggestions on where to go? I plan on going back up the week before the hunt opens to scout some more. Hopefully I see something.

Thomas

Went out this weekend on another scouting trip. The bucks look like they are done growing and they sre sweet. We also seen 8 bulls. One bull in particular was a small 5 point that has DOUBLE droppers coming off each side. They were at least 10-12 inches apiece. He was a stud for a smaller bull. I don't know how i'm gonna make it another 8 weeks :)

>I am heading up there Wed
>Aug 5th to do some
>scouting. I drew the
>early rifle tag and have
>never hunted this area before.
> Any body have any
>suggestions on where to go?
> I plan on going
>back up the week before
>the hunt opens to scout
>some more. Hopefully I see
>something.
>
>Thomas

I'm in the same boat - drew the early rifle tag and have never hunted this area before. (I also got 231L cow elk)
I last got a Muzzy tag for the Rubies 3 yrs ago, and hunted Harrison Pass/Green Mountain, but put in for 221 after attending the NDOW tag seminar.
I know virtually nothing about the area, besides what's in the "Hunter Information Sheet" and am looking for someone that can at least tell me where I might want to start scouting, and where a nice place for a base camp might be. Also I see that there are no ATV's in the wilderness areas, but don't know where those are compared to where I might want to be. Guess I wanna know should I bring my quad on my truck, or just my Jeep and hoof it?

Nevada Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Big Bucks & Bulls Timberline Outfitters Guide Service

Customized and high quality eastern Nevada trophy hunts for mule deer, elk and antelope.

Western Wildlife Adventures

We offer some excellent mule deer and elk hunts in northeast Nevada.

Currant Creek Outfitters

Nevada, big bucks and big bulls! We hunt for quality not quantity.

Nevada Outfitters & Guides Association

Find guides and outfitters for mule deer, elk, sheep, chuckar, fishing, & more!

SilverGrand Outfitters

Successfully guiding in Nevada for many years. Mule deer, elk, antelope and bighorn sheep hunts.

Hidden Lake Outfitters

Specializing in trophy mule deer hunts along with elk, mountain goat, antelope and mountain lion.

G&J Outdoors

Full time outfitter with 20+ years hunting mule deer, sheep, elk, antelope, lion and chukar.

Mountain Man Outfitters

Offering world class mule deer hunts in some of the most productive units in Nevada.

Nevada High Desert Outfitters

Rocky mountain goats, desert, rocky and california bighorn, mule deer, antelope and elk hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

If you want an unguided hunt but can't draw your tags, you need to call us.

White River Guide Service

50 years of guiding experience! Mule deer, elk, sheep and cougar.

Back
Top Bottom