27-1 Bighorn

AIROHUNTER

A buddy drew the tag and the plan is to float it. Anyone willing to share some prior experiences?

My favorite hunts are because they were with friends and family not just because "I got one".

Hopefully the boatman has got some pretty good experience, that is a pretty MEAN stretch of river if your planning on floating the entire river. The advise I would give if money was not a concern is to plan on two floats. First float to look over the country and size up the rams until the "for sure shooter" ram shows up. What usually happens is you see an almost shooter early and think if I get in the boat I may not get another chance..... Bang! You get my point.

No experience, but I have considered putting in for the Unit 27 hunts because of the draw odds. Success may not be too high, but at least you have a sheep tag! Good luck and I'd love to hear more about your hunt after it is over. Should be fun either way!

The idea of two float trips is a good one and I would look into that for sure if he can afford it.

I drew 27-1 in 2010, best hunt I have ever had. First 10 days where spent solo backpack at 7500-9200'. Seen sheep everyday just no shooter rams. Went back in for last ten days of the season out of Indian Creek. Hiked up the creek with a buddy and 10 mountain house meals apiece. After 8 nights in the most incredible country, sleeping just where we would quit for the day. Day 9 was the first look at a shooter ram, a short 6 hr stalk and the rest was just work. 8.5 year old ram not sure of a score but wasn't after a number when I went in. I will try to get some pictures posted in a couple days as I am traveling and don't have them. Good luck on the hunt it will be a memorable one for sure.

thats sounds like the hunt of a lifetime would love to see some pictures of that trip

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom