27 late returned tag

dieseldog

I was just called by AZ GF and offered a late 27 tag. Being from ND and short notice I think I'd like to find a guided option. Does anyone know of any good guides to contact. I understand they may all be full already but trying to contact some and see. Anyone been in the unit this year for the rifle or archery and see any good bulls. Thanks. I accepted the tag as only had 24hrs to decide but can utilize my point guard if can't work out the details to do make it work.

Congratulations on the tag! I wish I had that tag.

I hunted 13 of the 14 days during the archery hunt (missed opening day due to work commitments). Saw a few good bulls 320+ including a couple that were 340-350 but the stars just didn't align to get a shot on them. I passed opportunities on a few 290 - 300 class bulls as I was holding out for 330+.
I hunted the northern portion of the unit since I had never been in the unit before and didn't have time to scout for a good bull in the southern portion. (Higher density up north but smaller on average is what I heard from my research).
I f I had the late tag I would focus on the southern portion of the unit. There are many on this site that have way more experience in that unit and hopefully they will help you out with information.

As noted elsewhere my youngest son has the same tag. Curious if anyone has done the a3 scouting package. I’m planning to get there like five to seven days early and dig up something for him to shoot.

Compared to that level of scouting effort, how much quality improvement could be expected by paying for scouting I wonder. I’ll probably give them a call so they can make a sales pitch- or maybe they’ll say all their “inventory” is already spoken for, dunno.

It would be out of character for me to spend money on something like this, but I’m curious.

Wouldn’t it be nice to know the overall LOW percentage, of those who seek info, but never report back again?

Arizona Hunting Guides & Outfitters

SilverGrand Outfitters

Offering mule deer, elk, antelope, bighorn sheep, javelina, and turkey hunts in Nevada and Arizona.

Arizona Elk Outfitters

Offering the serious hunter a chance to hunt trophy animals in the great Southwest.

A3 Trophy Hunts

An Arizona Outfitter specializing in the harvest of World Class big game of all species.

Arizona Strip Guides

Highly experienced and highly dedicated team of hardworking professional Arizona Strip mule deer guides.

Urge 2 Hunt

THE premier hunts in Arizona for trophy elk, mule deer, couse deer and javelina.

Shadow Valley Outfitters

AZ Strip and Kaibab mule deer, big bulls during the rut, spot-n-stalk pronghorn and coues deer hunts.

Back
Top Bottom