270 bullet for muley??

cbryant11

my buddy has a 270 browning with the boss,, i dont know much about this rifle but he was wondering if he could get some info on the boss setting and wich bullets he should use for muley in n az ,,,,,, thanks cbryant

i use 140 gr hornady boattails. and i am also the worlds greatest authority on .270's. but actually, any bullet will work fine. 130 gr sierra and hornady and speer and whatever work great. so do 100's, if you know what you're doing. so do 150's, but they're a little slow. any good bullet that ain't a hollow point or an "EL 'SPLODO" plastic tipped deal oughta work good. i bought some of the new 130 gr. hornady plastic tipped ones, that are supposed to have controlled expansion and hold together real well(can't remember what they're called), but haven't loaded em yet. plan on shootin' em out of one of my spare .270's. as far as the boss, i have one on a .300, but not a .270.

130 grain is good medicine for a muley. thats what i use in mine, i like federal sierra hi shok or gameking. I think there the same bullett just different name. Im using 140 grain remington core lokt ultras right now and they do a heck of a job on muleys to. 270's like 130 grainers. Federal also has a new deer bullett out called the Fusion. look like a good bullett but havent tried them out. heres is a link to em on cabelas.

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/t...eral&noImage=0&returnPage=search-results1.jsp

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom