270 Winchester bullet and load

R

Rem308

What is your favorite bullet and load for deer or elk from you 270 Winchester shooters ?

Your gonna get a lot of answers and arguments over the bullet choice (like ford vs chev) but I will say that every 270 I have ever loaded for really likes H4831sc

A lot of folks also like 4350 for their 270.

horsepoop.gif

Disclaimer:
The poster does not take any responsibility for any hurt or bad feelings. Reading threads poses inherent risks. The poster would like to remind readers to make sure they have a functional sense of humor before they visit any discussion board.

LAST EDITED ON Oct-10-09 AT 09:36PM (MST)[p]Currently my 270 is H4831 SC 60 gr 130 partitions shoots great and I am going to use this load for elk this year as well as deer.

If there is any proof of a man in a hunt it is not whether he killed a deer or elk but how he hunted it.

57gr H4831SC 130gr Accubond Federal 210 Primer

58gr H4831SC 140gr Accubond Fed 210M.. Almost every load I have tried with 4831SC has been under MOA. Also H4350.

I have shot a 270 for 20 years, and have two loads I like for most of my guns. For deer I shoot H4831, 130 Sierra BT, with 58-59 grains. Use Winchester brass, and Federal Primers. For Elk is use the same powder only 59-60 grains. I still use same brass and primer, but I switch to Nosler Partition still in the 130. I have found these two loads work well in most guns.

I will throw my hat in the ring as well and good luck with whatever you choose. I to use 4831 and I like no I love the Hornaday 140gr or 130gr Innerlock bullets. I use these bullets in my .300 Win Mag as well of course in a heavier weight, but anyway I have had excellent luck using these bullets as far as accuracy and performance.

Like someone else on here said it's like Ford, Chevy or Dodge. Personally I like Toyota.

Good luck,

Slide

I just bought some Hornady 130 SST and going to load some with IMR4350 and IMR4831 and see what they do.

I'm sure you already know this but be sure of the load data for what powder you are using...IMR 4831 has a lower starting and max load compared to H4831...

horsepoop.gif

Disclaimer:
The poster does not take any responsibility for any hurt or bad feelings. Reading threads poses inherent risks. The poster would like to remind readers to make sure they have a functional sense of humor before they visit any discussion board.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom