2A archery deer-Jan!

ruthunter

How’s 2A looking for deer? Heading up there for the Jan archery deer hunt. Will head up a a few days early to look around. Did Colorado get enough snow to migrate the deer down?

No they didn’t I hunted Colorado this year and there was zero snow where I was and for the most part all over. 2A although close to 2B is nothing like it as far as deer population. I’m sure there’s some hot spots but it can be a tuff hunt!

Thx for the info! Gonna give it a whirl and see what we turn up. ?
No they didn’t I hunted Colorado this year and there was zero snow where I was and for the most part all over. 2A although close to 2B is nothing like it as far as deer population. I’m sure there’s some hot spots but it can be a tuff hunt

Give an obvious area off the dirt road heading north from the west end of the lake known as Long Glade Canyon.
Don’t remember the road number. Just check on ONYX.

It is a small turnout to the left heading north and ends in a well pad. The road itself to the pad is only about a mile in but but has rocky canyon slopes with PJ on both sides!
Lots of bigger boulders deer sometimes hide behind!
Check those slopes carefully!
It is small area to check quite quickly!
Not a honey hole or secret area by any means as obvious to all the traffic hunting that area but sometimes overlooked!
Reason I did not PM you for that specific reason and to head off criticism from the peanut gallery trollers!
Good luck.
Let us know how you do!

My daughter had a tag there in Nov. We saw lots of Bucks, many were young deer, but did see a few good bucks. We just had to look for areas with good sign and water away from the river. Once we found an area, we started seeing deer.

Big snow expected now for Christmas, news has Chama forecast with possibility of up to 3'! Colorado news this morning was calling for snow to be measured in FEET along the San Juan and sangre de Cristo ranges. If that doesn't push some of them down I don't know what will.

Well, it's the La Plata's that feed 2A more than the San Juan's.

We need early snows there that extend down into Red Mesa to push the deer into NM in large numbers.

It should group them up more anyway.

Big snow expected now for Christmas, news has Chama forecast with possibility of up to 3'! Colorado news this morning was calling for snow to be measured in FEET along the San Juan and sangre de Cristo ranges. If that doesn't push some of them down I don't know what will.
More on the way next Wednesday too!

Thx for all the info guys. Been bow hunting for 30+ years and hunt numerous states every year. Going into this hunt with 140”+ expectation and won’t just shoot something to kill. I believe in age class.

Literally me talking to every weatherman in NM today ?
There’s nothing in Bloomfield or Aztec!

EC7F5C55-542C-41E9-AE0F-555579AD0A76.gif

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom