2B Muzzy deer questions

foundation

Very Active Member
It was my last choice and based on the drawing odds I was fairly certain I would be able to get this tag. I have not had a muzzle loader deer tag in a while and I have been curious about trying the smoke pole on deer so this works out great.

I knew going in to it that the harvest rates are fairly low and it sounds like a tough hunt but in reality I will just be happy getting out in the field. I realize that the area is more of a migration hunt and my September hunt will be entirely different than the later rifle hunts, but I figure there has to be some resident deer in the area.

If anybody has any pointers for me as far as places to maybe start my scouting or places that a hunter should avoid I would be much appreciated. Of course I will return the favor with anybody that needs information on the places I have hunted in Utah, Nevada, and Wyoming.

Thanks

This hunt can be a very good hunt if you put the work and miles on the boots. There is a good Resident deer herd in the unit with some nice bucks to be taken. Some good places to start is up high and the good thing is the roads are still open including the ones that take you closer to the res. Good luck and post your hunt good or bad i miss that unit.

Good Luck!

I'm right there with you. I drew the 1st rifle tag for 2b (Oct. 19th - 23rd). I've never hunted this unit before (and it was my 3rd choice in the draw as well.)

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom