2B report

Eastwood

I had the muzzle loader hunt from Sept. 24-30 and we arrived a few days early to scout around. No deer were killed by the three of us, so I don't have any good pics for ya'll. We saw three nice bucks up in middle mesa two days before the opener and that was the last deer we saw on 218 for the entire hunt. I spent the first two days hunting bancos canyon and I saw several deer, but none produced a clear shot. My dad hunted off of 312 and my buddy hunted off of 311. My dad saw bucks every day, but just couldn't seal the deal. I saw way less deer total than the other times I hunted 2B. I mean you always saw does next to the road, but not very many this time. The first four days were very hot and dry with most water holes dried up. Then it rained and got much cooler, but the rain prevented us from hunting a few times. The rain did fill up many water holes though. I began to see more deer after the weather cooled down, but we just ran out of time. I saw a lot of turkeys, only two bear tracks, and no lion sign. We did see five elk though. A guy camped down the road from us shot a 3x3 about 24'' wide and my dad saw a picture of a monster that was supposedly shot during the archery season and scored about 260 points green. If anyone has any other questions please pm me. Sorry for the late report, I was gone for ten days and have been very busy at work and home.

six of us hunted just west of gas buggy. one shot no deer for five days. there were a number of hunters there only saw one deer taken. we saw lots of does, only two small bucks for all of us. had to get off the mountain on the night of the fifth day. roads started to go bad. didn't want to stay until they dried out. the gas workers were starding to use chains.

Here's my report from the first rifle hunt. It was hot of course and rained almost every evening so you know how the roads get. We came home empty handed but saw plenty of deer just nothing worth taking a shot at. Saw the typical forkies and 3x3s. We never laid eyes on any big ones but talked to others who were seeing some big boys. Talked to two different groups of guys who were chasing a double drop tine. One guy showed me a trail cam pic of him. I'm not good at scoring deer but he was huge. Hopefully it's starts to cool down for the next hunts. The deer were bedded early and weren't coming out till sun down. We did see some elk too and also saw a badger for the first time in the wild. All in all it was a great hunt with family and I hope to draw again soon. Good luck to all with the next hunts.

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom