2B Update - SNOW!!!

huntscout

I heard 2B got a nice little snow storm last night and snow in southern CO. Any other updates out there? Hopefully that will help kick off some migration. Anyone out hunting recently on the north end? Any updates? Good luck to all the late season hunters....

my brothers and i just got back from the nov 1-5 2b hunt, it did get snowed on last night but the bigger colorado bucks i still don't think will be joining the resident population untill about thanksgiving
(by the way i shot a 24" 4x5 and my bro shot a 24" 4x4 both resident deer from caracas mesa we friggin hunted so hard and those were the biggest bucks we came across.

i mountain biked probably 50-60 miles in the four days we were there

the hard work made the experiance that much better though

anyhow best of luck to the guys that drew the quality hunt

mnnn. . . rocky mountain oysters!

Wow. Thanks for the update. Mountain bike, huh? That sounds like a good idea. Do you pack out the deer that way too? Congrats on the bucks...

the only thing i could do since i was about ten miles in is quarter it luckly the way back was down hill, i probably could have drug him to a road and waited for a gas worker to drive him back (those guys are awesome by the way) but i think they could get in trouble so i didn't even ask
ill post some pics later today, he is a funny buck he still hadn't stripped all his velvet so his antlers were bright white
but over all i am still very happy with him, i hunted the book cliffs in utah in 04' and he was just as big as any deer i found there, but in the books the deer i saw were bucks, i think we only saw ten bucks out of probably two hundred deer when the migration hasn't started in 2b i think it should be known as doe city

mnnn. . . rocky mountain oysters!

...I hope those gas workers don't get in trouble for helping someone out. I had a deer down about five mile inside a gate last year, and was just headed back to get it with a deer cart when a gas guy offered me a ride back to it, loaded up my cart in his truck, then helped me load the deer, and then drove me, the cart, and the deer back to the gate. Saved me about ten miles of shoe leather, Being a bit of a flat foot, I'm still grateful. Viva los gas guys! :)

I just got back too, the deer has really started to come across the river with 10" of snow on the colorado side it will really help the guys who hunt is this weekend.
We hunt dwon on the river one day saw some good bucks just couldn't get a good shot, I was up there with my horse and mule it worked out pretty good still can't wait to draw again.

My dad and uncle hunted this last hunt and said it was warm until the last day (of snow).

They took a couple of nice bucks, but most in the party ate tag soup waiting for better.

My uncle said the last couple of days the migration kicked in- in the area he was hunting. He watched many a dozen of deer single file up the mesa (from the San Juan River/CO) into Carracas including the first (and only) really good buck he'd seen (180plus)

The migration is on! Good luck on the late hunt boys, save a couple of pigs for me and the sharp-stickers (In January)

I hunted theough the 5th and things defintely changed on Wednesday. finally found a good mature buck on Wednesday, but didn't get him. The next hunt should have plenty of migration deer as they were already starting a bit before Wednesday snow

It really kicked in on the last day, Man just think if that would of been on wed the week before.

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom