2b

R

RACKMASTER

any deer movement, been warm, right!
still worth going in 2 weeks if weather don't change?
rm

It's always worth going. If anything you can look over some more and newer country.

Was up there last weekend. Not much activity at all. Just a lot of construction going on. Saw some good area though...

You would have to be crazy to honestly consider not going on a 2b deer hunt, regardless of what the weather is like! Most of the bruisers move south down into the unit as it turns cold, but special things can happen at any time in 2B if you put in the hardwork and time.

LAST EDITED ON Oct-18-07 AT 02:26AM (MST)[p]If it snows off and on up high in Co will they move?
or do they need a feet of snow to move?
I am kind of excited because the weather channel says snow and cold over the next 10 days... if I enter carracas masa..
throw me a bone people I was ready to eat my tag.. so now I am
ready to go! (15 hour drive or not...)
I see it slow here and just trying to keep its heart(nm forum)beating!
come on all you muzzy hunters what did you guys do? I seen a few pics but know theres more!
Am I asking to much?
just getting fired up and I "think" its for good reason!
goodluck all..
rackmaster

Northen NM got it's first dusting of snow last night. It's just what the doctor ordered for the up coming deer hunts...

Walk-out of the canyon in a 1" of snow at night about 8:00 by Morning it was gone. Wind blew about 35-40 mph My guess it was warm(wind) and melted the snow the next morning it was back at 23 degree's

A friend of mine works for the BLM, he said he hasn't seen an increase in deer movement, but said that there are more resident deer there now than in years before. He mainly works around the sims mesa area and south of 64. Said he has seen some real bruisers down around Vigas Mesa. As a whole, he said there should be some good bucks shot in the late hunt. Lots of bucks with extra mass, i would assume from the spring moisture, but length looks the same.

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom