2lumpy your moose

antlerrick

Very Active Member
Forgot to wish you luck on your Moose hunt tomorrow when we were over there checking out Jim's son's elk.
Hope you find a great bull!

Thanks AR, if I can bring home a bull anywhere near the size of the one your son killed a couple years ago, I'll be more than happy. Almost to much to hope for but we're going to give it a try. I'm really thinking we'll do better after the leaves are off the trees in October but we got to at least give the opener a look.

We're hauling the horses out of here at 7:00 in the morning so we can get back in and try to bed one down Friday night then sleep with it until day light Saturday. Cody's gone in tonight to see if he's still in the neighborhood, I'm setting on the phone waiting for a call before I hit the sack.

I'll stay in touch.

Wasn't that elk a dandy. Couldn't happen to a nicer father and son. Both are consummate gentlemen, a credit to our kind.

DC

DC, It is neat that someone like that can be successful in a new area with a little help and information from those that know. That was a great looking bull and with a bow makes it that much sweeter.

Sounds like you already have your bull picked out...Hope it all works out for you...
Send me some phone pics when you kill him...
a*r

Lumpy, This may be the most costly hunt you have ever been on. Right now you're over 50% of you salary for taxidermy work and if you get the big one, which I'm sure you will, a new house is in your future with high ceilings.

There is no excuse for shooting a small one. I know of no other animal where a person knows the size before shooting - elk or deer maybe - just not a moose.

Can't wait to see it. Don't expect any sympathy from me - so just do it!!

I'm sure he'll have the story posted as soon as he gets home!!! Great times even if we all would have been dryer had we drowned!!!!!

73, That must mean it's over. Hope it's a big Un. Ya Know he kinda likes to work the crowd. The way you stated your last blog, you must have that nack also.

Thanks for the words of encouragement gentlemen. We got it done! I put up a pic. under Utah Moose. I'll post a few more pictures tomorrow, right now I've got 3 days of mud and sweat to wash off and then try to get a little sleep before morning.

DC

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom