3 or 4 Blade Muzzy's

M

madmulie

I'm currenty shooting 3 blade 100 grain Muzzy's. Will the 4 blade 100 grain Muzzy's shoot any different?

Anouther question: Is there any advantage to the MX3 Muzzy's?

Thanks..
Andy

I've been shooting 100 grain Muzzy 3 blades for years with excellent results. Switched to a 4 blade and hated them, couldn't get them to fly worth a shiz. Now having said that, everyones set up is different so they may shoot fine for you. I'm just sharing my personal experience with them.

+1 hoyt1cam2002

Same thing. Maybe my bow was out of tune, but my bow has shot every broadhead I've tried like a field point except for those Muzzy 4-blades. Flew like a knuckle ball.

>>>---->
For the love of the game

Thanks for the info.
I picked up another 6 pack of 3 blade muzzy 100 gr. at Bass Pro.
The practice blades, included in the pack, shoot as well as field points....

Counting down the weeks (11) until I leave for Colorado archery elk hunt.

Andy

Make sure you practice with the real blades too, there a little wider than the practice points and might fly a little different. Better to find out where they're hitting on a target before you let one fly at an elk.
Good luck on your hunt. I'll be hunting a big stinky on San Juan this year.

I shot the 4 blade and I could not get them to fly right either. The MX-3 just give you a bigger cutting diameter, I liked them but I love the 75 grain three blade Muzzy BroadHeads. I have killed elk,deer, and antelope with them. In my opinion they fly like field points for me. Make sure you practice with any Broadhead you plan to use.

i tried muzzys and could never get them to shoot right. my buddy bought a set and his shot to the high right also. they ended up in the trash.

+1, I thought i was the only one to have these issues. I freaked out and retuned my bow for the same results. The 3 blade fly great the four blade did the same thing to me as what happen on the other posters high and to the right.

i even turned my fletchings, i tried everything and still no luck. i have tried a lot of broadheads and never had an issue like this...

i never had any luck with the 4blade the 3 blade were my choice for a long time and also the mx3 but now i realy like wac ems !!!

I shot the 4 blade 125s for years and although I had to adjust my sights slightly but they always grouped well. I killed several animals with them. I switched to 100s a few years back and found some of the 3 blades for a screaming deal so I switched to them. If you are shooting the 3 blades and they fly well for you I wouldn't bother changing due to potential issues like others have seen.

LAST EDITED ON Jul-16-12 AT 08:18AM (MST)[p]I had the opposite problem. 3 blades planed badly on me at any kind of distance, 4's flew better for me.

Switched to shuttle T's, no issues. IMO, getting a better broadhead is one of the cheapest ways to improve your downrange lethality.

I think I may try some of the Exodus broadheads, they look like they'd fly true and leave a good hole.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom