30" blacktail

Not a word, I live in Philo and my brother lives in Talmage and we have several hunting buddies that live in Ukiah, Potter Valey, Hopland, Willits, and all points in between. Unless this happened just yesterday I'm sure we would have heard something.

Yeah I'm sure u woulda heard something, since your from the area, I live in petaluma. What I heard was someone killed a 34" 6 on 7. I didn't believe it so I figured I'd ask around on here.

hay fork...the big pig was south of hay fork which now has fire..
I can't post pix but its nice!! its a hybred for sure too...

Goat said, "... its nice!! its a hybred for sure too..."

Huh? Hybred? sure you don't mean purebred? I could be wrong but bucks that far to the west of I-5 are considered pure Blacktail strain, no hybreds about them. I would gladly be stood corrected as having learned something today if one cares to enlighten me. Thanks!

This thread is worthless without Pic's!! :)

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

A Hay Fork buck would be pure blacktail.

Another new fire at the "town" of Mad River too.

Eel

i think its a cross.....palmated eye guards and wide with a weird fork on the g2!

Theirs a few killed like that but not many,back in the 70's I believe north of Winters Ca.their was a 29" blacktail taken and the mounted buck is at the Yolo Sportsmen Club in Woodland CA.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

California Guides & Outfitters

Western Wildlife Adventures

Offering some fine Blacktail Deer hunting, Wild Pig hunts, Turkey hunts and Waterfowl hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer the top private land hunts in all of California, for blacktail deer, elk, pigs, bison and turkeys.

G & J Outdoors

Offering Tule elk hunts for bulls and cows on a 17,000 acre Ranch in Laytonville, CA with 100% success.

Back
Top Bottom