30-30
303 British
22-250
300 Savage
7mm
6.5 284 Norma
6.5 Creedmoor
300 Win Mag

They all kill well. My over all favorite has been the 300 Win Mag, next is the 7mm. Now that I’m ancient, the 6.5s are lighter to carry and kinder to shoot. Still, if I had a dream tag, I’d hunt it with the 300.

I’ve heard 270’s are a very fine coyote round…… ‘some might even say fur-friendly

My 300’s have left carnage in many places, and I generally don’t have to look far to find bodies

Back in the 80s....seems odd saying that....I bought my first .300, a Winchester M70, shorter.

My mom bought a reloading set about that same time, so I started looking at data for elk/deer rounds. Easy. Then I found a huge prairie dog town up in the foothills. I decided on a Speer 130g HP bullet. Got a new trigger, some Glas bedding and could print nickle groups most days after massaging the powder choices.

That little Bullet did wonders on prairie dogs.

Back in the 80s....seems odd saying that....I bought my first .300, a Winchester M70, shorter.

My mom bought a reloading set about that same time, so I started looking at data for elk/deer rounds. Easy. Then I found a huge prairie dog town up in the foothills. I decided on a Speer 130g HP bullet. Got a new trigger, some Glas bedding and could print nickle groups most days after massaging the powder choices.

You should have tried the 6mm Rem.

That Might Be OK For Prairie Dogs!

But That Lil Ole PISSCUTTER 130 Ain't Gonna Cut It When It Comes To Big Game!

LOOK AT ME:

I Shoot a 300 WIN!

With a PISSCUTTER 130 Bullet!

JUDAS!

You Don't Need That Much Powder Behind a 130!

I’ve only shot 3 calibers for elk. 30.06, 7mm, & 300wm. No comparison between the different rifles. I have used the 300 for elk, sheep, deer, and antelope. Without exception, every animal went down down where shot. I hear how animals are lost with 300wm, it BS. The only way to lose an animal with a 300 is with a poor shot.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom