300 win mag

hunter03

Is there a good 300 Win Mag that I could get for around 500-600 bucks? If I could get some input on what type of gun would be good at this price that would be great, thanks

If weight is not an issue I'd look at a Remington Model 700. More custom rifles use the Model 700 action than any other.

If you want a lightweight mountain rifle many on here rave about the Tikka T3.

Both can be had for around $600 if you shop a little.

Good Luck!

I'd play it safe and go with the Remington 700. Lots of avalible parts and easy find. The kick isn't bad at all.

check out the american made savage. alot of different variations. accutrigger works great. shoot good too.one thing to consider also, is what are you shooting now? possibly buy something that is the same so you don't have to think about taking the safety off because it is in a diff. place. good luck and let us know what you get. ce61

Were I looking for best bang for buck, Howa/Vanguards would be it. They are good feeders, great accuracy, simple, reliable, and come with decent bottom metal. That being said, they are little on the heavy side, and the triggers leaves a bit to be desired, but you can swap it with a Timney. If you were looking to customize/upgrade features on your rifle, Remington would be the most logical choice. If money is tight, it's not hard to find one used (vanguard/remmy) with a little snooping around. I just scored a stainless Remington short action with mag bolt face for 450.

I have a Ruger 300 and I love it. Stainless barrel, synthetic stock, Burris scope. Check out the ballistics of the 300, extremely flat shooting gun, packs a good punch too. I looked at alot of guns and talked to some custom gun makers and decided on the Ruger, price, quality, durability, you can't go wrong. The only thing I don't like about it is the 3-stage safety.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom