300 WSM Clip Problem NEED HELP!!!!!!!!

S

shedpax

Last year I bought the Tikka T3 lite made by sako in the 300 WSM. The gun is amazing it is the freaking clips that suck. I have had nothing but trouble from them. First off there is no grove in front of the clip so the shell catches it so I had to cut groves into them so it would load smooth. My main reason for concern is the loading of the 2nd and 3rd shell. Any time I use the gun and fire my first shot and then my second when I go to eject my 2nd it james every time. The reason for this is as I am loading the 2nd into the chamber it forces the 3rd shell into a horizontal position causing the jamming. The reason for this is the spring in the clip is in the back so there is no pressure in front causing the 2nd shell to force down the third one like this \. I have got the run around from sako so I was wondering if anyone else out there could help!!!!!! Sorry about the long post I want to get all the info you need to try and help me. Thank you so much!!!!!!!!!!
Shedpax'

Can you take the spring out and turn it around? I haven't had much experience with those Tikas, that whole plastc clip thing just kind of tuns me off.

part of the problem is what i've been saying all along is the only thing wrong with the "short" magnums. (that is a double oxymoron) the cartridge is very short and very fat. when it tips up to enter the chamber, the diameter of the cartridge is enough to tip the shell at such an angle that it doesn't feed properly. my son has a T3 in the .270 swm. hasn't had any feeding problems with it that i've heard him complain about, but i've seen a couple of the cheap winchesters that walmart sells (they're model 70's but not the old style action. synthetics stock, etc.) and they don't feed worth crap. wouldn't own one if it was given too me. absolutely impossible to get a round to feed properly from the action. looks to me that an action like the "controlled round feed" model 70 would be much better for the short, fat cartridges. the way it is designed is for the cartridge to jump up into the face of the bolt and then be fed into the chamber by the bolt, instead of just shoved foward and rattling into the chamber. sounds like maybe the tikka has some design problems that need worked out. if manufacturers are serious about this short, stubby cartridge deal, they need to build a completely new style rifle made specifically for them and not try and take rifles made for slimmer, longer cartridges and convert them.

Have contacted Beretta?? They own Sako/Tikka now, and may be a little more help.

Im' with Bambistew. I'm not real crazy about the Tikka's either. But, I wouldn't take anything for my Sako 75 SS.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom