305ish deadhead

Muleys24Seven

Hey fellas,

I found a dead head bull that scores a little over 305. The antlers are dark and tines are in good condition- nice bull but nothing too special. I cut off the head and want to sell it. I could cut off the horns and sell as sheds for about $75 or try to sell as a european mount. The european mount is going to cost me about $120.

What do you think I should do to get the most money for the bull? How much could I sell a european mount for?

Can somebody help me on posting a pic...

Thanks

My friend just sold a 316 inch Eurpean Mount for 235 in Easter Idaho. It wasn't the greatest European but it also had 2 bullet holes in the head where after he shot it, it wasn't completely dead and shot it with a .22 in the head.

If your bull is unbroken with clean, even tines you could probably get $200-$250 for a good european mount. You could try to sell it in the classifieds here on MM. You could also try craigslist or ebay. The hardest part about selling a mount is that you have to ship it somehow. You might have your best luck putting it in your local newspaper or talking to people at a local sportsman's show.

To post a picture, click on "reply" at the bottom of the post then click on "CLICK HERE to upload your photo(s)" Then click the "browse" button, selct the file from your computer where you've saved your photo and then upload it. Once it is uploaded, highlight the entire link and copy by pressing the "ctrl" button on your keyboard and the letter "c" (at the same time). Then paste it directly into your post by pressing "ctrl" and the letter "v".

Post up a pic, we'd love to see it!

6463mar_2011_015.jpg

Looks 305"+!

For GAWDS Sakes Guys,We Got Kids on this Site,Some of them are 65 years Old!:D

I don't care if they're big or small!
If they throw lead I like em all!
:p

bonepicker...thanks for the info.

I'd be happy with $225 but you're right shipping could eat up the difference. I'll probably go ahead and pay for a european mount hoping make a few extra $$.

That's a great looking bull! I think you should be able to get $225-250 without too much trouble, and you might find someone who'd be willing to pay more if you're not in a hurry.
Also, if you're going to sell it, make sure you jump through all of your state's legal hoops. It would be lame to pay for the euro mount and then find out that you can't sell it. In some states you cannot even pick up a deadhead. In others you must go through the Game and Fish Department. Just be sure to check on it before you lay out the money to get it mounted up.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom