308 Win. ???

peakfreak

Very Active Member
So I think I've fallen in love with this cartridge. It is very accurate, all my reloads shoot great, low recoil, short action, cheaper to shoot than my mags. and very very popular. With good bullets and a turret scope how can i go wrong making this my go to hunting rifle. My son killed his cow elk at 200+ yds. one shot with a 165 accubond and she tipped over. Lots of damage. I was very impressed. My question is who is not happy with their 308 and why? All I hear people say is anything a 308 can do an 06 or 300 mag can do better, but my comeback is dead is dead.

"You'll never get a big one if you shoot a little one"

A 308 is great. the only thing I have noticed is at longer range the tougher bullets don't open nearly as much. I would stick with a polymer tipped bullets which help in initiating expansion. Not sure but Bergers would probably be a great choice at longer range too.

Thanks...I'm thinking of shooting the 165gr. Nosler Ballistic Tip for deer sized game out to 600yds.

"You'll never get a big one if you shoot a little one"

Check out Lupua's 155gr Scenar .508 BC

horsepoop.gif

Disclaimer:
The poster does not take any responsibility for any hurt or bad feelings. Reading threads poses inherent risks. The poster would like to remind readers to make sure they have a functional sense of humor before they visit any discussion board.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom