34 deer?

Largebull

Been lurking here for 10 years or what ever.Finally decided to join. Got 7 points for deer. What can I expect out of there. Cashed in My lope points this year in 63. Goona do my 8 elk next year.Just trying to figure best bang for the points in deer.Thanks in advance..Large bull>

My neighbor went out there with his dad and brother guided last year and didn't kill a deer bigger than mid 130's. they said they were floored by how few of deer they say on private and land locked public. I was eyeing this unit as well but after hunting antelope there and scouting the more "deery" parts I was not impressed. This sounds terrible but in my opinion there isn't a unit in Wyoming worth 7 deer points. I'm in the same boat and don't have a clue where to go???

"If a nation expects to be ignorant and free... it expects what never has and never will be." -Thomas Jefferson

Ya thats what alotta sites say and magazines too. don't know what to do .Got time left to figure it out or just do Montana again.

LAST EDITED ON Apr-11-15 AT 09:02AM (MST)[p]I also agree that there aren't any units that are worth building up 7+PPs and I don't think waiting for another year or three is going to help in the overall scheme of things. In fact, if bad winter weather hits an area or an area continues to lose habitat due to drought conditions waiting won't help at all. I think a guy could possibly take a deer in the 150s in unit 34 IF he hunts hard the entire season and is lucky, but with 7PPs or more I would look elsewhere if you're talking about killing a 175" or better buck.

Heard the outfitter who had Hendry's Ranch leased for deer last season never even killed a deer on it because of a lack of good bucks.

I along with 9 friends hunted Rob Hendry's ranch back in the mid-90's and not impressed then either. My friend and I hunted 34 deer/73 antelope back in 2009 and never seen hardly any deer. We did fill our Antelope tags.

Brian
http://i44.tinypic.com/es7x8z.jpg[/IMG]

388310390256_865391236836138_3531739532585057290_n.jpg

2014 area 34 buck killed by an outfitters(Trophy Creek Outfitters) daughter-in-law on public land. Also saw a picture a game biologist showed me of one bigger, I'm guessing 180. Also killed in 2014.

Thanks for the replies. Just trying to figure if I wanna burn points now or wait. 2 behind max I aint ever gonna catch up and I am older so don't wanna wait for ever. Coming up from AZ. if I come. Thanks again, decisions, decisions. Gettin as bad as my wife shopping.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom