36a-1 Bull

BPKHunter

Very Active Member
I drew this tag with my Dad, who is 71 and new to Idaho and hasn't killed a big game animal in 30 years. I hunted goats in here last year and decided I'd give a try, it's pretty country. Problem is that, pretty country in these parts usually means jagged peaks and lot's of elevation gain.

This is fine for me but I made the mistake of putting my Dad in. I do have horses, but am not a horse expert and he has no experience on horses. We might use horses to go into a camp with a relatively easy train, but due to dad's past 3 heart attack's, his mobility will be relatively limited.

Anyone have any idea's one where and how I might be able to get him somewhere he can hunt given these restrictions, or maybe I should just get him a McCall tag where he can get a little motorized help getting around.

PM's are good as is my email [email protected]

BPKHunter- will shoot you a PM and give you some possible helpful info. might not be a bad tag for your dad. depending on how many tags and hunters out there. i will have to look at the regs myself, but i can tell you that it MAY be possible to get him on something that is not TO far from a road. Could be a fun hunt.

I work with a guy that draws that hunt regularly and shoots 300" plus bulls very close to roads every time he draws it. Keep the tag and have a great hunt together.

BPK- responded to your PM.
I really love that country around there. wish it were closer to home. And had more deer. ha, ha. I wish there were more deer everywhere. But I know i am not alone with that wish!!

I do think it's odd there aren't more deer in there. I saw some, but not many while goat hunting. I elk hunt 51 as well every few years and am suprised there aren't more in there as well. I don't think it has anything to do with wolves. Maybe competition with elk. I do see whitetails along the river, but mostly on private.

Looks like I'll stick with the tag for my pop's. Hopefully we can add a little luck come October, I don't usually rely on luck but it sure helps, I am sure anyone one here will agree with that.

>BPK I'll be up there looking
>for Antelope so if I
>find anything good I'll let
>you know!!

And I will do the same for you. I saw antelope right below where I saw goats on the E Fork. Kinda crazy. Reminded me of Wy a few years ago, we went to hunt Antelope and didn't see hardly a deer or elk, but saw lot's of Moose near the lopes. Crazy.

My wife drew that tag for goat. she missed a good billy at 10,000ft in four feet of snow--we were exhausted--but ultimately she killed a fine 9 year old nanny.
The unit had some tough, steep country. Unit 50 (adjacent) had good variety of animals, but 36 was void of life in most places.

We saw very few deer in that unit. Elk were scarce too.
As you know it is a challenging unit, use caution with your pop if he is cardio challenged.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom