39 and 43 which one

RE: 39 and 43 which one

I am thankful I don't have to go there. I am going to bet that finding deer there wil be tough.
If I were hunting 44 I would be hunting hard right now. Next week might be tough to find a deer there as well. They have been moving for about a week out of 43. I was told that the mountains above pine got over a foot of snow has anyone heard?
All I can say is good luck to the guys going up there. You will need it.
Ron

yup i have a few deer i have been watching all year so no worries
ya i heard they got a foot and more in some places

Like Ron said.. I would be camped out on transition routes down low on the migration routes.. or you might be left holding the bag!

There is 10-12 inches just up by the Anderson ranch road. I bet there is a lot more than a foot of snow up high. The animals are gonna be in transition areas this weekend wether it warms up or not. I wouldn't even think about going into 43 now.

One of my sons runs the USFS fire crew at Lester Creek. He called from the top of the hill on his cell phone yesterday afternoon and said they had a foot and it was coming down heavy. Wiped out their power too. I'm sure it dumped in the high country. We were in Sun Valley yesterday and it put down about 4 inches of slop - melted off pretty good, tho.

ya sounds like idaho its dumps and melts just threw these units out there cuz its idahos most hunted units so does any one wanna say what there doing for opening day

The official word is 27" of snow fell above pine. Say good by to the deer there.
Opening day for me will find me with my Muzzleloader looking for a hog. Ron

guys, looking at about 2' of snow around 7500 ft. should have a bunch of deer pushed down by now. good luck to all!! might be some whoppers killed this year?

ridgeline outdoors prostaff
blacks creek guide gear prostaff

2'...wow...

Hope it gets the elk moving around this year...

My buddy and I are going high, 8,500 feet or so and slowly going to work our way down to 6,000. Big bucks usually take a little more time coming down so that's our plan. We will be in unit 39.

Backpacked full camp into 9400 feet in unit 43. Mistake. Too much snow. Saw one small two point. Great exercise but that is all it was, a great hike.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom