39 Late Archery Opens tomorrow

LAST EDITED ON Nov-25-13 AT 09:07AM (MST)[p]I have been out twice now. No real luck. Been to two areas, one near blacks creek and today out near the horseshoe bend/Idaho city hills. Saw about 15 does the first weekend.

Got within 15 yards to a 6x6 bull elk today, pretty cool to see it in the snow. Saw another one as I was driving out, took a crappy cell phone pic of it.

Will try another area next weekend.

I have been hitting it pretty hard this year. I have seen quite a few deer and a good buck to doe ratio but most of the bucks are young. I have only seen a few mature bucks. haven't been able to get within bow range of anything worth shooting yet but my standards are rapidly dropping as the end of the hunt nears.

I have come to the conclusion that you need two people hunting to have a better chance. One pushing the deer the other one waiting. I have had 90 yard shots all day on deer, wide open area, waaay too far to shoot though lol

If the bucks are chasing doe's, or even interested in them, try a decoy OR stalk the doe's, try to get to where they are headed...

I sure wish I could be doing this hunt right now!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom