3RD ROUND OF COVID HEADED OUR WAY!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree Runamuk but it looks like our pathetic liberal government, with open southern boarders wants Americans to get sick. The scientists have known about the mutations in Corona Virus for over the decade. This is what China wanted. Now the Chinese and Russians are telling us to back off while there amassing troops.

What happened to the varients between "delta" and "omicron"? This is all b.s.! Next round of booster shots coming up for the vaccinated.

261569420_5221494824544981_2979808768761435288_n.jpg

I have friends who are not vaccinated and friends who are. I actually feel safer around those who aren't. A vaccinated person probably feels fine but could have it and be spreading it without knowing it. They are also less careful, thinking they are now bullet proof.

I have friends who are not vaccinated and friends who are. I actually feel safer around those who aren't. A vaccinated person probably feels fine but could have it and be spreading it without knowing it. They are also less careful, thinking they are now bullet proof.
That’s a fine little Fallacious assertion.

Vaccinated People Can Transmit the Coronavirus, but It’s Far More Likely If You’re Unvaccinated. https://www.healthline.com/health-n...t-its-still-more-likely-if-youre-unvaccinated

I hate to ruin your rant Bess. But WE, the good old USA kinda helped create the Wuhan Virus. We paid for the creation of it, "allegedly"

I hate to ruin your rant Bess. But WE, the good old USA kinda helped create the Wuhan Virus. We paid for the creation of it, "allegedly"
Depends on who you ask. Fauci says we didn’t. The other Fauci says we did.

Last edited:
Thank God for science. Keeps those drug companies hummin right along. Lawyers and insurance companies handle the bets on the outcomes ?

Vaccinated People Can Transmit the Coronavirus, but It’s Far More Likely If You’re Unvaccinated. https://www.healthline.com/health-n...t-its-still-more-likely-if-youre-unvaccinated

I work in the health profession and for tribal folks. I can see for myself the difference between groups that were unvaccinated (now dead) and those who were vaccinated. Some got sick as well but they are still here to tell about it.

If the new variant is here or in Canada it came from a vaccinated person. In order to travel to the US or Canada you are required to be fully vaccinated. You also have to show proof of a negative test prior to getting on a flight.... or they won't let you fly. Of course none of that applies if you crossed our southern border

If the new variant is here or in Canada it came from a vaccinated person. In order to travel to the US or Canada you are required to be fully vaccinated. You also have to show proof of a negative test prior to getting on a flight.... or they won't let you fly. Of course none of that applies if you crossed our southern border
Not exactly. Could have been anyone. Tests aren’t 100% accurate.

No, we‘re not only talking about the new variant but also existing ones and many studies Demonstrate how unvaccinated spread it much faster than vaccinated. Besides with the new variant there are many people exempt from the general traveler like Embassy staff, merchant ship personnel in ports, airline crews and a myriad of other foreigners who are exempt.

No, we‘re not only talking about the new variant but also existing ones and many studies Demonstrate how unvaccinated spread it much faster than vaccinated. Besides with the new variant there are many people exempt from the general traveler like Embassy staff, merchant ship personnel in ports, airline crews and a myriad of other foreigners who are exempt.
So if 100% are vaccinated do you think Covid will be gone? And no one will die?

BTW, my younger brother who is vaccinated gave it to his son who is not. My brother got it from a co-worker who is also vaccinated. Both are fine with very mild symptoms.

The booster is irrelevant. Anyone who received the first dose(s) are perfectly fine from the original. The booster has not been altered to match any variant.

The biggest problem is crybaby employers that won't let things go. Pathetic corporate governance holding people's employment hostage is a damned fools errand...

So if 100% are vaccinated do you think Covid will be gone? And no one will die?

BTW, my younger brother who is vaccinated gave it to his son who is not. My brother got it from a co-worker who is also vaccinated. Both are fine with very mild symptoms.
No, while at one time Scientists thought we had a good chance of reaching herd immunity and eventually having a possibility of getting rid of COVID, we have now lost out and missed that opportunity. Reaching a herd-immunity threshold was looking good but now it is unlikely because of factors such as vaccine hesitancy, the emergence of new variants and the delayed arrival of vaccinations for children.

First, none of my friends are in my immediate household. And secondly there is the assumption that anyone who is not vaccinated is a red necked illiterate game poaching Trump supporter who couldn't care less about other people. Nothing could be farther from the truth. I've found the opposite to be true. The vaccinated people I know tend to be more holier than thou arrogant 'fake science' following Biden* supporters who would jump off a cliff if Fauci told them to. They even believe the climate change hoax.

The proper response from the government should have been that there is a virus going around and here is what we know. Older people and sick people should take extra care and we encourage everyone to get vaccinated. The government will be doing all we can to see the healthcare system has what they need. Now get back to work.

….and new flu strains, cold strains….who cares anymore? If ya get it, deal with it. If ya die from it, you have nothing to worry about anymore. If ya don’t get it, hooray! Sounds like a win win to me.

No, while at one time Scientists thought we had a good chance of reaching herd immunity and eventually having a possibility of getting rid of COVID, we have now lost out and missed that opportunity. Reaching a herd-immunity threshold was looking good but now it is unlikely because of factors such as vaccine hesitancy, the emergence of new variants and the delayed arrival of vaccinations for children.

No, we haven't missed that opportunity. It has been reached. That's why there are variants, that's how variants form for it's own survival...

Hey Hossy?

How Many Years Have You Been Listening To Me Bittching about China?

But Nobody Listened Hossy!

Who Do You Think Funds Their Military?

First, none of my friends are in my immediate household. And secondly there is the assumption that anyone who is not vaccinated is a red necked illiterate game poaching Trump supporter who couldn't care less about other people. Nothing could be farther from the truth. I've found the opposite to be true. The vaccinated people I know tend to be more holier than thou arrogant 'fake science' following Biden* supporters who would jump off a cliff if Fauci told them to. They even believe the climate change hoax.

The proper response from the government should have been that there is a virus going around and here is what we know. Older people and sick people should take extra care and we encourage everyone to get vaccinated. The government will be doing all we can to see the healthcare system has what they need. Now get back to work.
and there you have it...........if only those in power would have used their brain instead of following the $$$$$$

The booster is irrelevant. Anyone who received the first dose(s) are perfectly fine from the original. The booster has not been altered to match any variant.

The biggest problem is crybaby employers that won't let things go. Pathetic corporate governance holding people's employment hostage is a damned fools errand...
You obviously aren’t well educated on COVID. Because we have such a low vaccine rate, we have missed the opportunity to wipe this thing out due to low vaccine rates, children slow to get vaccinated and now variants. Getting a booster though is still an effective tool against COVID as the antibodies in your system wane after just 6 months. The vaccine is still effective against most variants but this new South African variant is a big unknown, not enough good data on it yet. All of the other variants though, the current vaccines have had a high success rate. Boosters are very important and the public needs to follow sound Scientific advice not MM hearsay and innuendo advice. https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2021/11/booster-shots-now-confusing-rules/620740/

Low vaccine rate? I’m pretty sure the United States is north of 75% vaccinated and maybe the last I read was 80%?

Pretty low :rolleyes: sure explains why there been more earthed post vaccine then pre vaccine I guess:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Keep listening to your “scientists”

You obviously aren’t well educated on COVID. Because we have such a low vaccine rate, we have missed the opportunity to wipe this thing out due to low vaccine rates, children slow to get vaccinated and now variants. Getting a booster though is still an effective tool against COVID as the antibodies in your system wane after just 6 months. The vaccine is still effective against most variants but this new South African variant is a big unknown, not enough good data on it yet. All of the other variants though, the current vaccines have had a high success rate. Boosters are very important and the public needs to follow sound Scientific advice not MM hearsay and innuendo advice. https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2021/11/booster-shots-now-confusing-rules/620740/
It's too bad that these conversations become an argument. I can see why folks don't trust government/science/research and I can see the science point of view as my family came from a line of research scientists. The arguments don't work. People will first and foremost go with what they trust. If that's not there science and articles won't do squat.

Low vaccine rate? I’m pretty sure the United States is north of 75% vaccinated and maybe the last I read was 80%?

Pretty low :rolleyes: sure explains why there been more earthed post vaccine then pre vaccine I guess:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Keep listening to your “scientists”
Obviously another Ignorant one. We never even got to the 60% level.
F2B0CC36-E069-47CA-8D6F-9C71EFE68E24.jpeg

Anybody that thought we could get a handle on this was only fooling themselves. We can't get a flu vaccine to protect of from the current flu strain, they mutate too quickly. The Wuhan flu will do the same, another hundred times.

Last edited:
Yup!

And China Would Pay Dearly!

Anybody that thought we could get a handle on this was only fooling themselves. We can't get a flu vaccine to protect of from the current flu strain, they mutate to quickly. The Wuhan flu will do the same, another hundred times.

Member when the “science “ said one dose was fully vaccinated? What flavors your cool aid today?
You still don’t get it. Right now, infections are raging among unvaccinated people in Europe and the U.S.—but they are spilling over to the vaccinated as well. Recent CDC data suggest that unvaccinated people are about six times more likely than vaccinated people to get infected and 11 times more likely to die of COVID-19. https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2021/11/booster-shots-now-confusing-rules/620740/

It's too bad that these conversations become an argument. I can see why folks don't trust government/science/research and I can see the science point of view as my family came from a line of research scientists. The arguments don't work. People will first and foremost go with what they trust. If that's not there science and articles won't do squat.
The science of covid is based entirely on politics here.

On the positive side, I did run across 2 syringes of ivermectin cleaning out the laundry room. I’m thinking of trading it for ammo.

I have an equal number of vaccinated dead friends as unvaccinated dead friends from covid.......

Your source is discredited at best, and more accurately corrupted. Your defending the biggest public health policy failure since perhaps the Black Plague. Vaccines here and deaths are up, vaccinated people are not protected and the bureaucrats that created it will never admit the failure snd work towards actual solutions so more people will die.

No I will not read again and again “data” put out by the organizations responsible for this policy failure that’s killed thousands. They have lost our trust and earned every bit of that loss

Read this again, and again and again……………. CDC data shows that unvaccinated people are about six times more likely than vaccinated people to get infected and 11 times more likely to die of COVID-19.
11 times more likely than what? What is the base? so 11x of what 0.0001% death rate? Do you have that number?

Roughly 1/3 of the population of the U.S., maybe more, has had Covid and recovered....and not a single mention of natural immunity, which by all the studies I've seen, offers exponentially far superior protection to any vaccine. No mention from the "Atlantic", highfastflyer, Fauci, CDC etc. etc. I think the CDC stopped counting natural Immunity back in May.... seems like a big portion of the equation they don't want to calculate...hmmm!

Last edited:
11 times more likely than what? What is the base? so 11x of what 0.0001% death rate? Do you have that number?
Summary
  • People who were unvaccinated had a greater risk of testing positive for COVID-19 and a greater risk of dying from COVID-19 than people who were fully vaccinated (see below for the most recent rates).
  • Unvaccinated people in all age groups had higher case rates than fully vaccinated people in the same age groups.
    • Vaccinated people age 12-17 years had the lowest case rates compared with those in older age groups.
  • Unvaccinated people in all age groups had higher death rates than fully vaccinated people in the same age groups.
    • Unvaccinated people ages 50 years and older had higher death rates than those in younger age groups, with the highest rates among unvaccinated people ages 80 years and older.
    • Fully vaccinated people ages 80 years and older had higher death rates than vaccinated people in younger age groups.
    • Death rates among people aged 12-17 years are not shown on the graph due to low numbers of deaths from COVID-19 in this age group.
  • Case and death rates for people fully vaccinated with any of the three vaccine products (Moderna, Pfizer-BioNTech, Johnson & Johnson’s Janssen) were much lower than for unvaccinated people. . CDC data shows that unvaccinated people are about six times more likely than vaccinated people to get infected and 11 times more likely to die of COVID-19.
  • https://covid.cdc.gov/covid-data-tracker/#rates-by-vaccine-status

Last edited:
Summary
  • People who were unvaccinated had a greater risk of testing positive for COVID-19 and a greater risk of dying from COVID-19 than people who were fully vaccinated (see below for the most recent rates).
  • Unvaccinated people in all age groups had higher case rates than fully vaccinated people in the same age groups.
    • Vaccinated people age 12-17 years had the lowest case rates compared with those in older age groups.
  • Unvaccinated people in all age groups had higher death rates than fully vaccinated people in the same age groups.
    • Unvaccinated people ages 50 years and older had higher death rates than those in younger age groups, with the highest rates among unvaccinated people ages 80 years and older.
    • Fully vaccinated people ages 80 years and older had higher death rates than vaccinated people in younger age groups.
    • Death rates among people aged 12-17 years are not shown on the graph due to low numbers of deaths from COVID-19 in this age group.
  • Case and death rates for people fully vaccinated with any of the three vaccine products (Moderna, Pfizer-BioNTech, Johnson & Johnson’s Janssen) were much lower than for unvaccinated people. . CDC data shows that unvaccinated people are about six times more likely than vaccinated people to get infected and 11 times more likely to die of COVID-19.
  • https://covid.cdc.gov/covid-data-tracker/#rates-by-vaccine-status
Thanks for the data. So the base is 0.000012% death rate for vaccinated folks. So multiply that by 11x or in this case 14x which gives a death rate of unvaccinated at 0.00017% . And we are supposed to be afraid of this?

Thanks for the data. So the base is 0.000012% death rate for vaccinated folks. So multiply that by 11x or in this case 14x which gives a death rate of unvaccinated at 0.00017% . And we are supposed to be afraid of this?
lol....well worth getting it huh???lol

All sorts of mammals are COVID carriers now.With animal reservoirs, we could have been at 100 percent vaxxed and still not escape it. Between animal reservoirs and vaxxed still being carriers, it’s going to be here for the duration.

HFF. Sorry but not buying ANY bit of the dribble you pedal. Sadly people have dies but really at the low rates it less than the flu, which BTW covid pretty much is. I'll accept my naturally obtained immunity that continues to be negated by the shot believers. Again we are at an impass but none the less I respect your choice. Please respect mine and inquire why naturally obtain antibodies are not being considered in the discussion. Merry Christmas....

HFF. Sorry but not buying ANY bit of the dribble you pedal. Sadly people have dies but really at the low rates it less than the flu, which BTW covid pretty much is. I'll accept my naturally obtained immunity that continues to be negated by the shot believers. Again we are at an impass but none the less I respect your choice. Please respect mine and inquire why naturally obtain antibodies are not being considered in the discussion. Merry Christmas....
Maybe you should have learned after contracting it that antibodies go away and only last for 6 months. It’s still best to get vaccinated. COVID-19 vaccination offers better protection than getting sick with COVID-19. A recent study showed that unvaccinated people who already had COVID-19 are more than twice as likely as fully vaccinated people to get reinfected with COVID-19. Your drivel and Pseudoscience are Noted. https://www.mayoclinic.org/coronavirus-covid-19/vaccine-if-already-had-covid

I agree Runamuk but it looks like our pathetic liberal government, with open southern boarders wants Americans to get sick. The scientists have known about the mutations in Corona Virus for over the decade. This is what China wanted. Now the Chinese and Russians are telling us to back off while there amassing troops.
Too funny...

Well worth completely forfeiting your liberty for sure
This argument fascinates me. I would love to add liberty to my covid victims list.

First, I have all my shots. To be honest, I got them so I could go on vacation. That’s how shallow I am. I do have some business interests that require it (it’s voluntary because I’m free to leave), but it was really just to go on vacation.

I understand the economic destruction caused by closing workplaces and freezing rents and such. Not to mention borrowing money to give away.

And I think America will suffer at least a decade of less than optimal performance as a generation of damaged kids who tried to grow up and get educated here work their way through the system.

But besides those things, I need someone to articulate better the liberties we’ve lost.

Last edited:
I’m afraid that’s the way a representative democracy works. We do seem to be making some headway with the voters though. I sure hope it wasn’t the memes that won them over.;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom