3rd Season unit 55 Mule Deer Hunt

BORN&RAISEDNV

Headed over in a couple weeks for Unit 55 Mule Deer tags. Not my parents have a tag. Any pointers? How's the weather looking now? Any advice would be welcomed. Would happily reciprocate for Nevada.

What area of unit 55 are you heading to? Had a nice buck tear the crap out of the willows near me last year while elk hunting in the unit. Actually I was parked on a FS road with cell reception checking in with the family! Hunted various parts of unit 55 for 30+ years, seen the deer herd during the good and bad, last few year have started to see some nice bucks roaming around.

We are going to be staying between Gunnison and Crested Butte. Have been told if the weather comes in that the area North East of Gunnison is good. Staying for whole season so we have the ability to go wherever needed

I would spend a day or two exploring the Lost Canyon area. Lots of areas you can get vantage points to glass from, good variety of terrain from sage brush to dark timber. Please have a set of chains with you and know how and when to use them. Every year I see guys get in trouble that could usually be avoided...

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom